lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 09-26-2010, 11:20 PM
The Unscathed

Carousel of Horses

A single quickslot which when you mouse over it, and scroll with your mouse wheel, you scroll through all your mounts.

In the manager screen for the Carousel of Horses you can drag and drop all the mounts you have which you'd like to be on your Carousel. Or all mounts you have could be detected when you get this plugin, and you uncheck a box next to any that you don't want in your Carousel.

You can place this quickslot anywhere you like using Ctrl\

An example of an existing plugin with a single quickslot in which you can use the mouse wheel to scroll through musltiple options, is found in the KragenBars tactical buff quickslot for Captains.
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ragenBars.html
Unread 09-27-2010, 12:24 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Wasn't there a plugin like this on Beta - guys help! I didn't have a horse on beta so never tried it out...

As an alternative you could use a tonic bar extension bar to hold them, or PopUp quickslots does the same thing if you don't want a full bar mod. Then, at least, it is only two clicks...
Unread 09-27-2010, 12:32 AM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Didn't rushl23 release a horse plugin...called aptly Horsey?

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 09-27-2010, 04:16 AM
The Unscathed

Horsey is a random grab of one of your mounts.

I would like to choose my mount.

A carousel quickslot - just one slot, mouse over it, and use the mouse wheel to scroll through the mounts you added to the carousel.

Personally, I use one of 3, maybe 4 mounts (one goat, and 3 different horses I like). So I'd just put those 4 mounts on the carousel, and would have access to them all from a single quicsklot space : )
Unread 09-27-2010, 04:47 AM
The Indomitable

Horsey! could be used to do something similar to this. Instead of left-clicking to open the Horsey window, you could right-click and open the stable and choose from there. Of course, that's essentially just using plugin as a quickslot bar, and there's far better plugins for that. Personally, I'd suggest MrJackDaw's Pop-Up Quickslots. They hide when not in use, and can be used for lots of other things too.

However, there is a MountSelector plugin contained in a collection of beta-era plugins found here. Don't know if it will do what you want, but it's worth a try.

rushl
Unread 09-27-2010, 07:25 AM
The Undefeated

I used PetCarousel to make myself HorseCarousel, HunterCarousel and WardenCarousel. They all have mounts and the racial and rep recalls, with the hunter and warden versions adding in the ports/musters.
Unread 09-27-2010, 11:20 AM
The Undying

I've actually been working on a mount carousel based on Pet Carousel by Paulino.

I'm just about finished, and will probably release this week with instructions for modifying. I've been working to get all the hex codes for the different mounts, and am currently only missing a few.

I'll release 2 versions, one for Men and Elves and one for Hobbits and Dwarves. The reason being is that the hex codes for horses, ponies, goat and smaller goats are all different.
Unread 09-27-2010, 02:18 PM
The Unscathed

: ) s'weeet. I'd love to have done this myself -but know nothing about writting plugins or any kind of programming for that matter : P

I wanted to take a look at other peoples code to try to get an idea from that, but wasn't sure how.
How please? : )

And, any suggestions on simple for noobs guides to how to write my own plugins?

Any programs I need for that?

Looking forward to a Carousel of Horses : )
Unread 09-27-2010, 02:38 PM
The Unscathed

I noticed the Pet Carousel has three quickslots... not sure if I prefer that or the single quickslot in KragenBars > Captain > Tactics buffs (probably the latter - takes up less space).

If this is made with the 3 like in Pet Carousel though, I noticed the bottom example picture on that page (here: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...tCarousel.html) shows the side two quickslots mostly transparent. That's defintely preferable over 3 fully visible slots. It would be nice if the whole thing dissapeared until moused over I think : )

Also: Is there a way I can run several of these at once for different purposes?
1. One quickslot for my mounts.
2. One quickslot for my heralds.
3. One slot for all banners.
Unread 09-27-2010, 05:21 PM
The Undying

I am using the 3 icon method with the window completely transparent and the icons transparent mostly until mouseover. I just move it out of the way and it works perfectly for me.

Also as long as the plugins are named differently, there is no reason that you can't load a carousel type plugin for multiple things (e.g. Mounts, Travel Locations, Pets, etc.)