lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 04-28-2015, 11:34 PM
The Wary

Lottery Plugin/Addon

Hello everyone. First, I would like to take the opportunity to thank all of the plugin authors and those that update them. I use/have used many of the plugins on this site. You help make Middle Earth better with your plugins.

Second, I would like to preface my question by stating that I know absolutely nothing about Lua, skinning, programming, html, etc. I would like to know if it is possible to create a plugin that would have much the same functions as the WoW Guild Lottery & Raffle plugin that would work within the LOTRO game (or if such a plugin exists already). If it would not be feasible to have such a plugin operate through the game, would it be possible to set up something similar on a guild website? For those that aren’t familiar with the WoW plugin that I am referring to, I pasted some links below for you to see.
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/guild-lottery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqvCY5kx1-s
Unread 05-05-2015, 10:16 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

In general it is possible, but it will lack almost all convenience features - scanning mail and accessing guild member list is not possible for LOTRO plugins. It might actually be easier to manage everything outside the game - especially if you have a second monitor on your gaming rig.