lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 01-24-2014, 05:18 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Update 12.2 skinning pack is available

Update 12.2 skinning pack is now available.
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...nningPack.html

Thanks Ransroth
Unread 01-25-2014, 11:01 AM
The Undying

Contextual Quickslots

I'm looking for the PanelFile ID for the Contextual Quickslots, the quickslots that appear when you have response skills you can use (Guardian block/parry skills, captains defeat skills, etc). I found the art assets for them, contextualquickslot_left/mid/right.tga, but there doesn't seem to be a PanelFile that goes with it. I basically want to make them as small as possible (to basically make them appear hidden), because they drive me crazy and I don't need them.

If anyone has found the ID for it, please let me know, thanks!

Edit: In game, the UI element is called the Auto Skill Bar, and it can be moved around even if it is not showing.

Last edited by Stever1388 : 01-25-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Unread 01-27-2014, 10:38 AM
The Undying

How are you going to use your skills in epic battles if you do not have the auto skill bar? I know of no other way to use traps for example.
Unread 01-27-2014, 03:44 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyoss
How are you going to use your skills in epic battles if you do not have the auto skill bar? I know of no other way to use traps for example.
The Auto-Skill Bar is different than the Officer/Engineer/Vanguard bars that appear in Epic battles, and those I don't mind so much. The Auto-Skill Bar is the one that appears when you have some class skill you can use due to a buff or event. For example, when captains defeat an enemy, the auto-skill bar appears and shows Rallying Cry and Routing Cry, since they are now upgraded to the defeat event version. I don't need this because I already have those skills on my normal bars, and I monitor defeat events via other plugins and whatnot. It just annoys me because the Auto-Skill bar basically does what plugins have been doing for a while, but does it worse because you can't edit how it works in any way, and you can't even turn it off.

The Officer/Engineer and Auto-Skill bar do use the same art asset for the sides and back (the white leaf like things), and I have already hidden those so that the bars are a bit smaller and take up less room, but it doesn't prevent me from using the Officer/Engineer bars and it unfortunately doesn't hide the Auto-Skill Bar.

It would be nice if you could drag the traps and other epic battle skills off their normal bar and onto regular/plugin quickslots so you could handle them in more personalized ways, but all things considered they aren't as bad.
Unread 01-28-2014, 06:32 AM
The Undying

I just realized I suffered a temporary brain freeze when replying, obviously the BB-Bar and the AutoSkillBar are different :-)
Unread 01-28-2014, 11:33 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stever1388
The Auto-Skill Bar is the one that appears when you have some class skill you can use due to a buff or event. For example, when captains defeat an enemy, the auto-skill bar appears and shows Rallying Cry and Routing Cry, since they are now upgraded to the defeat event version. I don't need this because I already have those skills on my normal bars, and I monitor defeat events via other plugins and whatnot. It just annoys me because the Auto-Skill bar basically does what plugins have been doing for a while, but does it worse because you can't edit how it works in any way, and you can't even turn it off.
My Rune-keeper has this happen also, however, the particular skill that appears in the auto-skill bar, is already in my quickslot bar, and simply "lights-up" when available as do numerous other skills which require (what was previously) Attunement.
Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (118)
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (68)
Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"

Unread 01-28-2014, 02:15 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by magill
My Rune-keeper has this happen also, however, the particular skill that appears in the auto-skill bar, is already in my quickslot bar, and simply "lights-up" when available as do numerous other skills which require (what was previously) Attunement.
A lot of classes have it, but it's really only worth using if you don't want those skills on your actual bars for some reason. Champs have it for the AOE skill that activates after 10 hits, captains have it for their defeat event skills, guards have it for their block/parry skills, LMs have it for the share power skill that activates after a critical hit of gust of wind... and those are just the ones I know about. But the bar itself is just distracting and takes up space, which is what is annoying about it. And it can't be turned off in the options panels. But with skins you can shrink things, and basically make it seem like it isn't there by making it so small you can't see it anymore. But the PanelFile ID isn't listed in the new pack they just released, but some people have a knack for finding these things by guessing and trial and error. I attempted to find it using some forms of ContextualQuickSlots and AutoSkillBar but none seemed to work, though I'll be honest I didn't try for too long. Hopefully someone comes along with a solution or Turbine releases an option to disable the bar.
Unread 02-03-2014, 04:07 PM
The Undying

Quote:
<PanelFile ID="ID_UISkin_Gameplay_AutoSkillBar">
<Element ID="Gameplay_AutoSkillBar" X="1" Y="1" Width="1" Height="1"></Element>
</PanelFile>
Will hide it.
Unread 02-05-2014, 04:34 PM
The Undying

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius92
Will hide it.
Very nice, thanks a bunch!
Unread 03-23-2014, 02:41 PM
The Undying

wow, posts... things going on... amazing.

I may even have a bit of free time now that the skinning pack is out. I think I'll make the free time.

thank you for this.