lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 09-17-2013, 09:56 PM
The Wary

buffs and debuffs

Is there away to edit the ui to were there is not buff or debuffs present under the portrait or at all the buffs and debuffs that come on and off with aoe buffs and every lag me out so bad i jsut want to remove them all completely is this something possbable to do ??? and all what is the most simplified skin that would help performance of the game the most
Unread 09-18-2013, 03:38 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

It might be possible to make a skin to remove the buffs completely. I don't remember if I tried that by over-lapping the buffs/debuffs from the vital frames hmm.. But I think I haven't seen any skin mods here that would do that though.

Not sure if you mean that you want the most clutter-free skin available or something that would give you the most performance how your game runs.

There's a few skins somewhere here which are trying to minimize all the stuff you see on your screen while playing but they probably haven't been updated for quite a while (can't remember any names sorry).

If you just want a minimal UI to increase your framerate etc. there's no point as the skins have very little impact on how the game runs.
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:11 PM
The Wary

i have seen some skins where they move the buffs and debuffs but they are still there .......and i was looking for a skin that would make my computer run the game a little easier but if ur stating skins have little impact that i wont worry about it but the buffs and debuffs is something i really need to remove or something cus i have found once i get over 4 rows of buffs or debuffs my system just lags out and with the already 2 rows of buffs in the moors its not hard to go past that limit
Unread 09-22-2013, 07:37 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I very much doubt the display of buffs is what causes lag (as opposed to some very inefficient underlying mechanism), although who knows really.

Anyhow, I don't think you can stop buffs from being displayed either using skinning or plugins. It might be possible to make them invisible, but that's not quite the same thing as 'removing' them.

I feel your pain though, targeting someone who's being zerged in the moors (so typically with rows upon rows of debuffs) pretty much freezes the game entirely on my old PC, and god forbid I join a raid (not that I want to, but anyway ...).