lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 08-16-2010, 12:16 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Minimap Skin and Dread

Hi there, couple of quick mini-map questions:

1. I am playing around with some of the elements of the LM Erolingas UI for a compliation I am working on. I have been using the minimap skin and just noticed last night that when there is enough dread and the minimap center is replaced with the eye, the minimap art reverts to the stock image.

I've been looking at the different levels of dread for mapping art assets, and I see dread_34, dread_56, dread_78. Is there something beyond dread_78 that triggers the eye? Can I map an art asset to that?

2. Is there a way to move or reposition the buttons on the mini map ring?

Last edited by Marll : 08-16-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Unread 08-16-2010, 01:10 PM
The Undying

1. as far as I know there is no way to revert it changing back to the stock art. It might be possible as I haven't checked the minimap skindef for a while but I doubt it.

2. yes you can move them around some, check my skindef for reference how to do it. there are some restrictions though as if you move them too far off the tooltips wont show anymore (you can enlarge the map area to work around it but that will make the minimap to tile so it isn't a very good solution)
Unread 08-16-2010, 07:50 PM
The Undying

I'm looking at the DaimonUI skindef file and at mine, and I just can't seem to wrap my head around how the x-y works.

I'll have to dive into this more later. I just want to move the destiny points and lorebook icons up a bit as the art that I am using never took into account the lorebook icon originally.

I'm slowly getting the hang of this though I think... Hope to have a finished compilation soon!

Thanks for all your help and advice Daimon!
Unread 08-17-2010, 11:28 AM
The Undying

Ok, after some trial and error I think I've got the icons on the radar where I want them.

Is there a good way to determine the x y coordinates of the minimap? I have a hard time visualizing the numbers for the coordinates when I'm working with just text.

Your xml and a doc in your UI explaining X Y for the toolbar certainly did help. Thanks for all your help with my questions so far
Unread 08-17-2010, 04:51 PM
The Undying

no, not very good methods I'm aware. What I do I usually check the coordinates from photoshop (I got an original file, screen capture above that so I get it aligned and then move elements around - that way it's easy to see how many pixels you need to move something).

Not very professional but hey, it works
Unread 08-17-2010, 06:01 PM
The Undying

Your method is much more professional than my method of "guess and hope it works" and then do the tweaks and re-log about a billion times

I think I need to get my hands on photoshop or something. Does Gimp do similar functions (if you know)? Or do I really need photoshop?
Unread 08-17-2010, 06:45 PM
The Undying

I haven't used GIMP for ages but I would be very surprised if there weren't such coordinate table