Go Back   LoTROInterface > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Unread 09-04-2010, 09:06 PM
The Wary
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimon
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.H1cks
Something I never really paid attention to, if you created a free account on the North America servers, played enough to get enough TP to buy something and become a Premium member, would that get you access to the forums?
Maybe. I guess we should soon see.. but still quite a lot work just to get a forum access ;p
You don't become Premium by spending TP, but by buying them for real money.

The updated LOTRO Community Guidelines predict warnings and forum bans for free players for violating those guidelines, so it suggests they will have access to at least some parts of the official forum.
Unread 09-04-2010, 09:48 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiat_w
You don't become Premium by spending TP, but by buying them for real money.

The updated LOTRO Community Guidelines predict warnings and forum bans for free players for violating those guidelines, so it suggests they will have access to at least some parts of the official forum.
Oh ya. I totally read that wrong, and never gave it much thought since I am a lifetime account holder.
Unread 09-05-2010, 05:24 AM
The Undying

The section of the site http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/cat21.html labelled "Plug-ins and Patches" is going to need renaming to avoid confusion. When I did a google search for Lotro Plugins it was the top entry...
Unread 09-05-2010, 08:40 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimon
yea and guess can people without US sub write there (atm) ? >.< It's idiotic to divide the community like that, hopefully they do something about that.
NA forums are run by Turbine.

EU forums are run by Codemasters.

thats why they dont mix....Codemaster has lower overhead and higher profit margin since all they do is localize the client and handle eu accounts and run the wu servers.

this allows them to be able to afford multi-language help on accounts and forums.

i am sure once the changeover happens there will be a Lua forum for Eu at codemasters.

if not..it aint all that hard to make a f2p account on NA to post on the forums.

Unread 09-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

And there's always the option of just using this site, it isn't restricted at all.
Unread 09-06-2010, 12:36 AM
The Indomitable
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairenn
And there's always the option of just using this site, it isn't restricted at all.
Well yes. . but there is a restriction so far Cairenn. This is the first post since the announcement that LUA was going live. I had hopped that you would have everything in place in anticipation and just flip a switch once the announcement came out.

What is the ETA on the LUA plugin section to be up? We need to have a place to promote with the community.

If lotrointerface does not get it done soon I am sure Cure will, and we know that is not desirable.

Thanks.

Mike
http://www.youtube.com/user/Depzhealtank
Unread 09-06-2010, 08:53 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ealdor
Well yes. . but there is a restriction so far Cairenn. This is the first post since the announcement that LUA was going live. I had hopped that you would have everything in place in anticipation and just flip a switch once the announcement came out.

What is the ETA on the LUA plugin section to be up? We need to have a place to promote with the community.

If lotrointerface does not get it done soon I am sure Cure will, and we know that is not desirable.

Thanks.

Mike
http://www.youtube.com/user/Depzhealtank
lotroplugins.com is up

dont know who they are...but they obviously are looking to be the main hub for distribution.

Unread 09-06-2010, 09:35 AM
The Undying

I really dont like the way Lotroplugins is made, and each time i log on it i received warning from either Firefox or IE .....
Unread 09-06-2010, 02:41 PM
The Undying

I do not plan to use that other site because I do not like the way it's setup and they do not have the history that Lotrointerface does. I do not and will not trust a fresh startup site. I've been an author and user of this site since 2007 and I do not go anywhere else for my addons for Lotro and DDO.

I do hope to see the plugins section getting added soon and hope to see the plugins find a nice home here if Turbine does not allow them to be posted to the forums.
Unread 09-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

I have been working on stuff behind the scenes, getting ready for everything to go live. No worries guys, not gonna let you down.