The LOTRO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, April 24 from 6:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for an update to Book 13: Doom of the Last-king. Release notes
are now available on the Lorebook. Roheryn will remain up and available during the downtime. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!
Patch notes of immediate interest for this community:
- The Dressing Room UI will now come to the front of the screen when you try on an item.
- Pending Quest Rings over NPC heads will now update to the normal quest ring when the quest is no longer pending.
- Fixed a bug in the Auction UI that caused the Bid button to stay enabled even when it was not possible to place a bid.
- Renamed the UI Option "Show Dispellable Effects" to "Show Dispellable Effects Only."
- Items in the world that advance or grant quests will now close the associated quest UI when you get too far from the item.
- Cosmetic pets now have a tutorial hint associated with them
- Messages that have an item link at the beginning of a sentence will now be capitalized properly.
- Any inventory items that cannot be used in combat will now reflect their usability state changes when entering/leaving combat.
- You should no longer find yourself targeting the corpses of your previous attackers when using the "Previous Attacker" key binding.
- The Reputation Panel should now always be displayed after clicking on a Reputation alert.
- Intermittent issues with items in pack slots not being usable should be resolved.
- The trade window will no longer show the name of the previous trading partner when starting a trade with someone new.
- Dye interactions should no longer cause lingering dye pot mouse cursor issues.
- Fixed some feedback problems when using the /inspect command: When used on non-players, would give a general error. When used without a selection, the help feedback was incorrect.
- Locked movies in the Movie Library UI will now appear to be grayed out.
- Fixed an issue with fading out the player at the end of swift travel.
- Fixed an issue where some effects that are applied to the revived target weren’t included in the tooltip for revival skills.
- Fixed an issue where newly-added swift travel routes would be unavailable until you talk to the destination stable-master again.
- The Social/Who panel could get into a weird state where it wouldn't update until it was closed and reopened. This has been corrected.
- Fixed a skill UI issue where companion skills would not grey out when using a non-combat companion skill.
- You can now chat using the Numpad enter key. If you have the Numpad Enter key bound to another action already, you may have to rebind it.
- Fixed /damagetext to allow floaty damage from other players to be seen.
- Floaty critical damage text is more obvious now.
- Floaty damage text doesn't overlap with entity names anymore.
- Sound device names in the drop-down menus for Voice Playback and Voice Capture no longer get cut off.
- "Report as Spammer" option changed to "Report as Gold Spammer" to reflect its intended functionality. All other reporting issues should be filed via ticket.
- You can now use the "revert" button on the options/key mappings UI after you've mistakenly removed a key mapping.
- Crafting Vendors now show up as their own map note type, so you can filter them differently than other vendors.
- You can now track quest escort NPCs on both the radar and map.
- Festival NPC's map notes will no longer display when the festivals are inactive.
- Fog-of-War on the Map Panel for new areas added to the game since launch (Evendim, High Pass, Tal Bruinen, etc) were not functioning correctly and were sometimes revealing portions of the map they shouldn't. Shame on them! Players may notice some previously discovered map portions become undiscovered. Visiting those locations again will rediscover any undiscovered locations that were previously discovered.
Deed Log/Quest Journal
- The command "/lff" is now used to chat in the Looking For Fellowship chat channel. To toggle your "Looking For Fellowship" flag on or off, you must now use the command "/lookingforfellowship"
- Fixed the fact that the tooltip for the Add To/Remove From Tracker button in the Deed UI erroneously referred to the Deeds as Quests.
- When you receive an invitation to join a fellowship you will now see the members of that fellowship before you join.
- The quest journal and tracker "ready-to-turn-in" checkmark now appears only when the quest is ready to turn into an NPC (or in some cases an item); it will no longer appear early when you still have something to kill (such as the Captain-General quests in the Ettenmoors).
- The tooltip for channeled skills now calls them Channeled Skills and not Toggle Skills.
- Monster player "Corruption" and "Appearance" traits will now be labeled correctly in their tooltips.
- Fixed an issue where typing characters in the chat window alongside embedded items could occasionally cause text corruption.
- Tooltips for locked movies are now disabled in the Movie Library UI.
- When a trait/virtue is equipped, it will now be labeled as “Equipped” in the tooltip and have a clear distinction in the UI from traits/virtues that are not equipped.
- The word “Equipped” will now appear above an equipped Instrument when you cross-compare it.
- Fire and light oils, among other potions, now show their duration in tooltips.
- The mysterious "Minimum Rank: #" tooltip for some items is now more clearly written as "Requires: Glory Rank #" (or "Infamy" for monster players).
- Skills which have an additional effect when you attack from the correct position now show that in their tooltips.
- Fixed spelling and grammar errors for the Tentacle of Helchgam's tooltip description.