lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 03-13-2012, 06:01 AM
The Wary

Help an idiot!

Can you please assist me in getting the plugins I have downloaded to work.

I have downloaded the lua thing and unzipped it into the lotro folder, Ive created a plugins folder and unzipped the three plugins I like into there too.

But try as I might the game will not load the plugins.

What do I have to do? Is it anything to do with being on a free trial or the highres version?

Thanks
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:02 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

On lotro's character selection panel you have a plugin manager menu button.

There you can affect the plugins you want to the character you want
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:34 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by moobs
Can you please assist me in getting the plugins I have downloaded to work.

I have downloaded the lua thing and unzipped it into the lotro folder, Ive created a plugins folder and unzipped the three plugins I like into there too.

But try as I might the game will not load the plugins.

What do I have to do? Is it anything to do with being on a free trial or the highres version?

Thanks
The most common issue with plugins is not putting them in the correct folder. First, there are two LoTRO folders, one in documents, the other under program files. Plugins go under the one in your documents folder - just take a screenshot in game and look for the Screenshot000001.jpg file. The folder where screenshots are saved by the game is where your "Plugins" folder should be. After that, you have to unzip the plugins you downloaded into the Plugins folder, be sure to read the download page for each plugin as some authors have different folder structures that require you to add or remove a folder from the zip file path. To test, open the game AFTER unzipping the plugins and use the "/plugins list" command. If the plugins are listed, then they are at least in the correct path. If they still can not be loaded, go back and reread the download page for each, especially the comments section since that is where other people will have posted the problems they had in loading any specific plugin.

Alternately, you can simply install plugins using Lunarwater's LoTRO Plugin Compendium application. This program will handle downloading and unzipping them to the correct path for you.
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ompendium.html (Windows)
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...mMacLinux.html (Mac/Linux version)

Last edited by Garan : 03-13-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:31 AM
The Wary

Thanks very much Garan ^_^

I was placing them into the program files directory, will try again later and add them to documents one.
Unread 03-13-2012, 03:09 PM
The Undying

I must not have gotten much sleep.. I had to read title a few times before I realized no need to be offended. Thought it said "Help you idiot!"