lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 03-31-2007, 08:59 PM
The Wary

I realize I'm a noob and all but...

I can't get the option to show up for an interface skin I've downloaded (Kaylan's).

My game dir is games/lotr, so I created subfolders /ui and /ui/skins.

I extracted Kaylan's files to the /ui/skins directory so it now has 4:
/kaylan
/kaylan blue
/kaylan green
/kaylan red

But when I go into the game and to options, ui settings, and then misc, all I see in the drop down box is "none".

What am I missing?

Thanks tons for your insight/advice!
Unread 03-31-2007, 11:47 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Wrong place. Look at our Installation FAQ.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Unread 03-31-2007, 11:52 PM
The Undefeated

I apologize for this, but this actually just happened to me today as well. There was an error with the XML file so I changed the version back to 1.0 and it seemed to work. I'm really a new as well with this skinning so is there anyone out there able to help or have an explanation why the version number affects the XML file?

I'll post a thread as well for the skin in hopes someone has an answer.

Sorry again. =/
Unread 04-01-2007, 07:28 AM
The Wary

Cairenn--

Actually the FAQ is wrong.

Where it says: "Presuming you are using a standard installation, the typical default install path is...", it SHOULD say "REGARDLESS of where you install your game, the REQUIRED location to use is..." (or some such, and with all the attendant subsequent corrections also made).

Not everyone uses default installations, so anyone who doesn't, who reads the above in the FAQ, will encounter the same problem I have.

As soon as I made the change to 1.0 that Kaylen suggested AND moved the files away from the directory where I'd installed LOTR and into the directory indicated in the FAQ, the mods appeared in the game.

Kaylan--

Not sure what causes this problem, but from what I remember of WOW modding, the version number in an XML always needs to correspond with the version of the game. (This is why Blizzard included the option in its mod page to allow us to (attempt to) run outdated mods.)

Not entirely sure this answers the question, but maybe?

Last edited by Ernest : 04-01-2007 at 07:52 AM.
Unread 04-01-2007, 10:54 AM
The Wary

Hi Kaylan!

Also on 1600x1200 the little icons on the 2nd/3rd/etc hotbars don't line up with the spaces on the bar.

It's all a learning experience.
Unread 04-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

Thanks for the heads up Ernest. I'll make the necessary adjustments.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Unread 04-01-2007, 02:30 PM
The Undefeated

Hi Ernest, thanks for the input. I'm guessing with your WoW comment that's the toc thing that had to be changed and made every patch an addon nightmare? LoL I get it now, so the version has to match the game, it's not a spot for the skins version.

I have no experience in XML or Photoshop so it really has been a learning experience for me. I've just slowly been trying to figure things out so any comments I can get is a great help.

As for the bars lining up, I tried switching to the 1600x1200 resolution and the mainbar fit ok for me. As for the other hotbars, at any resolution I still have to undock the hotbars and move them into place manually with the CTRL \ thing.