lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > XML modification help (L)

Unread 11-12-2010, 11:06 AM
The Wary

Exclamation Trouble with mailbox window

Hi everyone,

I'm totally new to modifying interfaces (just started yesterday) and I was only attempting it because I found 2 interfaces that both have great features and I wanted to combine them.

I'm trying to combine Black Vellum with parts of DaimonUI (crafting, dressing room, quest book, etc.). On my first day I was quite successful by just copying the needed parts from DaimonUI into the Black Vellum skindefinition.xml and the corresponding graphics folders.
Then I started to clear the issues that came up. I was able to fix a few things on my own but now I have a problem I can't seem to resolve:

As you can see in the attached picture I implemented the bigger mailbox into Black Vellum. But now I got this darker area with the golden border inside the mailbox window and I either want to remove that graphic or resize it to fit the new mailbox but I was unable to find out which part of the xml is responsible for that part.
I tried to mess around with the mailbox section but so far I had no luck so I'm guessing the entry for that graphic is located somewhere else.

Any help would be appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mailboxissue.jpg
Views:	960
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	188  
Unread 11-12-2010, 11:15 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Aha. The mailbox mod I'm using in my UI's don't have transparency on mailbox so possibly for that reason I haven't noticed that to happen (might be something else too but I think this is the reason).

I suggest you get the original mailbox mod from http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ssingRoom.html

My version is basically the very same, except I removed some of the unneeded tags to make the code more simple. The original version by Mirarkitty should have all the tags included, including the one you need to edit that box.
Unread 11-12-2010, 02:19 PM
The Wary

Thanks a lot Daimon for the quick reply!

That indeed solved my problem. I was able to locate the line that was responsible for my problem.

<Element ID="Mail_Panel_BG" X="10" Y="22" Width="1" Height="1">

I changed the line above to the red numbers and now the window-in-the-window is gone.

Thanks!