lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Script & Skin Managers

Unread 03-09-2021, 08:19 PM
The Undefeated

Unable to parse file! (Prime Plugin)

Hi!

I get this error message after log in when trying to load Prime Plugin:

...ings Online/PluginData/******/AllServers/PrimeLoadSettings.plugindata:3: ']' expected near ','
...s Online\Plugins\PrimePlugins\RaidTools\Settings.lua :1: Unable to parse file!
...s Online\Plugins\PrimePlugins\RaidTools\__init__.lua :5: Failed to import package "PrimePlugins.RaidTools.Settings".
...Rings Online\Plugins\PrimePlugins\RaidTools\Main.lua:2: Failed to import package "PrimePlugins.RaidTools".

Any idea how could i solve it?

Thanks in advance for the help
Unread 03-09-2021, 09:34 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by delete
Hi!

I get this error message after log in when trying to load Prime Plugin:

...ings Online/PluginData/******/AllServers/PrimeLoadSettings.plugindata:3: ']' expected near ','
...s Online\Plugins\PrimePlugins\RaidTools\Settings.lua :1: Unable to parse file!
...s Online\Plugins\PrimePlugins\RaidTools\__init__.lua :5: Failed to import package "PrimePlugins.RaidTools.Settings".
...Rings Online\Plugins\PrimePlugins\RaidTools\Main.lua:2: Failed to import package "PrimePlugins.RaidTools".

Any idea how could i solve it?

Thanks in advance for the help
Most likely this is due to the plugin not correctly handling the switch between different client languages.

Quickest fix is to delete the "PluginData/******/AllServers/PrimeLoadSettings.plugindata" file, and in the future, continue to use whatever language you are currently using.
Unread 03-11-2021, 03:51 PM
The Undefeated

Thz for the tip Thurallor.

I deleted the "PrimeLoadSettings.plugindata" file, and it worked for a while, after a relog same failure, but with another file.

So i deleted all PluginData files. But the plugin keeps creating them, and when i relog, same problem as before.

...nData/********/[EN-RP] Laurelin/AllCharacters/PrimeLootLocks.plugindata:22: ']' expected near ',
...ine\Plugins\PrimePlugins\RaidTools\WindowManage r.lua:22: Unable to parse file
...Rings Online\Plugins\PrimePlugins\RaidTools\Main.lua:21: Failed to import package "PrimePlugins.RaidTools.WindowManager".

Any idea?

Last edited by delete : 03-11-2021 at 03:55 PM.
Unread 03-11-2021, 04:02 PM
The Undying

You could try writing a Personal Message to the creator of Prime Plugin, which should send them an email. Comments on lotrointerface not always do.
Unread 03-11-2021, 08:56 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Thz for the tip Thurallor.

I deleted the "PrimeLoadSettings.plugindata" file, and it worked for a while, after a relog same failure, but with another file.

So i deleted all PluginData files. But the plugin keeps creating them, and when i relog, same problem as before.

...nData/********/[EN-RP] Laurelin/AllCharacters/PrimeLootLocks.plugindata:22: ']' expected near ',
...ine\Plugins\PrimePlugins\RaidTools\WindowManage r.lua:22: Unable to parse file
...Rings Online\Plugins\PrimePlugins\RaidTools\Main.lua:21: Failed to import package "PrimePlugins.RaidTools.WindowManager".

Any idea?
What language do you play the game in?
Unread 03-11-2021, 09:42 PM
The Undefeated

English.

Windows is set in spanish, dunno if that affects somehow...
Unread 03-11-2021, 09:51 PM
The Undying

Quote:
English.

Windows is set in spanish, dunno if that affects somehow...
It's possible. Do you have the same problem with other plugins, or just this one?
Unread 03-12-2021, 12:05 PM
The Undefeated

Just with this plugin.

I used buffbars and combat analysis since 4 years ago. My raid team told me about Prime Plugin, very useful for Brahta and Threshold, thats the reason im very eager to get it work properly.

Right now, just after logging in:

..ings Online/PluginData/******nu89/AllServers/PrimeLoadSettings.plugindata:3: ']' expected near ','
...uginData/****u89/[EN-RP] Laurelin/Sco***/PrimeParseSettings.plugindata:3: ']' expected near ','
...Rings Online\Plugins\PrimePlugins\Parse\Settings.lua:1: Unable to parse file!
...Rings Online\Plugins\PrimePlugins\Parse\__init__.lua:3: Failed to import package "PrimePlugins.Parse.Settings".
..the Rings Online\Plugins\PrimePlugins\Parse\Main.lua:1: Failed to import package "PrimePlugins.Parse".

all this error message!
seems related to "']' expected near ',' " thingy
Unread 03-12-2021, 03:29 PM
The Undying

Well that error message is usually what you see when you first run a plugin in the French or German client, then switch over to English and load the same plugin.

Since you're not changing languages, I have no idea why it would be happening. Maybe Garan has an idea.

If I were you, I would try a couple of things:
1. In the properties for your LOTRO shortcut, enable Windows 7 compatibility mode.
2. Make a new Windows user account, and set the language to English. Run LOTRO on that account.
Unread 03-12-2021, 03:59 PM
The Undying

The ']' expected near ',' error is indeed due to numeric format issues. The best way to fix it is for the plugin author to implement one of the various number format patches (basically saving numbers as strings and converting them back to numbers after they are read back in, bypassing the OS numeric format). I usually implement a slightly altered version of the Vindar patch. The original Vindar patch can be found at:
https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...anclients.html