lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 02-23-2007, 02:37 PM
The Unscathed
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Although overall I quite like the LotRO interface I agree with most of the suggestions on this thread. The biggy is lack of external plug-in support, but leaving that aside I think some of the current systems could use some tweaks.

I find the 'alias' commands great for crafting adverts, though i'd like to see them offer some combat uses. It would be a nice addition if it was possible to use 'alias' to allow targeting macros during MPvP and Raiding, furthermore the ability to assign 'alias' macros to icons which could be placed on one of the hotbars.

As mentioned in other posts, it would also be great if the 'ctrl + / ' command enabled different aspects of the UI to be scaleable.

On a final point (not sure how UI related it is) but I find the game camera very limited, LotRO probably has the best FPS mode in any MMO to date but beyond that its plagued by the same limits as other fantasy games. Anyone who's played Eve Online will know what i'm talking about here
Unread 02-24-2007, 07:20 AM
The Undying

Eve Online....*drools* I'm suddenly taken by an urge to reactivate the game :P
Unread 02-25-2007, 10:18 AM
The Undying

I would like to have a way to make all the quickshot bars bigger. I have a 22 inch LCD and I had to set the resolution to 1280/960 to be able to use the buttons and doing that has distorted other things on the screen. (I am an older person with not the best vision). Not being a mod author and not being a long time player of these types of games I am not sure what that would require. The other game I play is WoW and it has a UI scale thing that I can set to make my bars bigger. I hope that either the game itself or some mod author will be able to provide the same for this game.

Last edited by LittleWhiteDove : 02-26-2007 at 10:00 AM.
Unread 02-25-2007, 06:00 PM
The Undying

it's scaling you need, and we are all asking for it
Unread 02-27-2007, 06:21 PM
The Unscathed

I know this thread is probably in the wrong place but I didnt want to start a new one, and also realise Turbine are finalising what they'll support at launch. Anyhoo I would like to suggest they consider adding an xml string to adjust 'text colours' in the quest log and alike. I appreciate it wouldnt open the possibilities an API offers but it would further support for more diverse skinning themes (since for example, the white text currently in place can only work with a very limited amount of background colours).
Unread 02-28-2007, 09:28 AM
The Wary

Hmm what would I like to see. apart from the Scaleable UI (heheh) well Personally I'm not worried about stats. facts, or figures.. all I'd really like to see is a single BAG. not 5 but 1. Id also like to be able to move the main bar it bugs the whotsit out of me not to be able to have my chat box's along the bottom of the screen. im just fussy like that.
Unread 03-01-2007, 12:05 PM
The Undefeated

I would like to see an on screen compass, in game clock function and a auto loot function or maybe a loot function that loots on key press. (Like enter would close and loot all)
Unread 03-27-2007, 10:36 AM
The Wary

all of these are hella nice, but for me the numero uno first needs to be Bongos esque action bars. i know they were the first mentioned, but i just wanted to throw another vote out there for their dire need.

thanks for the good work
Unread 03-28-2007, 09:22 AM
The Indomitable

Quote:
These features arent supported by the engine =(
Quote:
I'll just jump in and confirm what Cairenn posted earlier.

Currently (emphasis on "currently") Turbine only allows skinning (image replacement) of the UI.

Full on scripting of UI's ala Auctioneer, Outfitter, or any other WoW mod involves having the game engine and the UI plugin communicate. The Turbine engine is not currently set up to do that - you can't just flip a switch and "hey, look at me scripting UIs!"

It's a significant development task to enable. However, with that being said, it's something that we all want to devote some time to doing. The "skinning" ability was something we needed to see if was even viable as a first step to full scriptability.
This was posted by Frostyhe is the turbine rep for this site i guess

And i would like to see things like Trinity Bars, Hud, God i love Pearl, I completely agree with chat channels, and if we could have chat channels like in EQ2 where ppl created channels for classes that would be available to all servers that would be nice.

Are there multiple Action bars in the game now? if not that will have to be a must because it looks like the current one bar wont be enough and i hate scrolling and looking for what i need.

Oh is there a hot key like Shift+B to open all bags? And All in one inventory would be a nice one to have. Ive grown to love and basically cant function right without it.

But yah i think for this game to function as well as they hope they will have to implement customizable ui's soon because i have seen plenty of ppl walk away from games due to the UI

http://www.LOTROEDGE.com

Last edited by Cripster : 03-28-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Unread 03-28-2007, 09:35 PM
The Wary

Looting and Roll Window

Having the Loot and Roll Windows combined into 1.

Got very annoying having to move the loot window every time to roll on an item.