lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 05-18-2012, 10:03 PM
The Wary

Not sure where to post about installing plugins..

My Girlfriend started playing LOTRO. I refuse to play unless I can add some plugins.. such as all in one bag. Problem is I can't get anything to work.

Where do I put them exactly? I downloaded HugeBag and put it in c:\documents and settings\myusername\my documents\the lord of the rings online\ and then I created a folder called Plugins. There was already one called PluginData.

Once I go in game to the plugin manager nothing is there. I also tried downloading some Turbine thing and putting it in there as well. No luck.

Hope I am in the right forum.
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:34 PM
The Wary

I see two potential problems, and then I'm out of ideas. Firstly and more simply, are you loading the game after you put the plugins in the folder? If not you need to type /plugins refresh to get the game to recognize that the plugins are there.

The more likely culprit is that you downloaded a plugin that doesn't match the normal folder layout. Once inside the Plugins folder, you should have another folder usually named after the creator of your plugin. So for example, I have a plugin called Buffbars. Inside the "plugins" folder I have a folder called PengorosPlugins (named after the creator). Inside of that folder, there needs to be at least one folder named after the plugin and a "buffbars.plugin" (or whateverplugin.plugin) file. More than likely you have your plugins directly in the Plugins folder instead of nested below the creator name folders.
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:46 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

If you are unsure of where or how to install plugins, your best option is to use Lunarwater's Plugin Compendium. This application will automatically download and unzip many of the most popular plugins. Plugin Compendium will also allow you to keep track of updates and will facilitate downloading and unzipping updates. The application is available for Windows:
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ompendium.html

and Linux/Mac clients:
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...mMacLinux.html
Unread 05-19-2012, 10:11 AM
The Wary

Thanks a bunch! Yeah, I was copying over the plugins before starting the game, but anyway that program you recommended seemed to work.

Now, are there any mods I should be interested in getting besides an all in one backpack solution?
Unread 05-19-2012, 11:08 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuppicide
Thanks a bunch! Yeah, I was copying over the plugins before starting the game, but anyway that program you recommended seemed to work.

Now, are there any mods I should be interested in getting besides an all in one backpack solution?
That depends on what kind of in-game assistance you are looking for. There are a couple of plugins for making Warden skills easier to remember. There are plugins for aiding in role-play situations. There are plugins for raid leaders/kin recruiters to change the color of the text they send in chat. Basically there are dozens of great plugins but many of them fill a specific need which not all players/characters will desire.

The best bet is to look at the Downloads section of this site and read the descriptions/view the images for the plugins and decide which ones you might be interested in. Those that are available via Lotro Compendium are incredibly easy to retrieve and try out. Having them installed does not cost you any overhead at run time unless you actually load them, so you can download them, try them out and if you don't care for them, just stop loading them, no need to remove them.

When trying plugins, you should pay attention to the last time they were updated - some plugins written two years ago still work just fine, but most have required updates as the Lua API evolved and some have been abandoned and will no longer work. So, if you are having trouble getting one to run, check when it was last updated and also check the download page comment thread to see if the problem is a known issue or if the plugin is simply no longer supported.

Some popular plugins (yes, this list is heavily stilted towards those of a single author ):

LotRO Alerts can alert you to just about anything that occurs in the chat window and needs attention. This includes everything from tracking messages to skill refreshes.

Buffbars helps to quickly respond to state changes such as low morale or debuffs.

Palantir (I personally don't use this one, but I can see why others do) provides a HUD display for critical info.

MoorMap provides an annotatable map, especially helpful for crafters or people with lots of alts that want to remember where quest locations or rare spawns are.

AltInventory provides a truly "all-in-one" backpack solution. Not only can you view all of your character's bags in one window with sorting and filtering, you can view your Vault and Shared Storage contents from anywhere in the world for ANY character on your account (you can only change/update Vault/Shared storage when interacting with a Vault-keeper) plus the ability to track lots of other info for all of your characters in one place, such as known recipes, barter wallet, rep, etc.

Wallet provides a customizable display of any currency from your barter wallet so you can keep the currencies you are most interested in on your screen without having to open the barter wallet and search for them.

LotRO Compendium (not to be confused with LotRO Plugin Compendium) by Lunarwater is an in-game database with lots of info on quests, items, etc. Not only can you look things up, but it also integrates with other plugins (Waypoint and MoorMap) to show you locations and allows linking items to chat.

Last edited by Garan : 05-19-2012 at 11:16 AM.