lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 11-01-2010, 02:11 PM
The Wary

The Set Comparison Tool

So you finally decide to upgrade to a new armor set and think to yourself "My my, so many options! Which one would help me out more? What should I choose?"... been there quite a few times myself and have actually ended up sitting there for an hour or more adding up the set bonuses and stat additives, etc.

I thought to myself "Wouldn't it be great if there was some sort of dev/user created tool (whether on the internet or in game) in which you were able to compare sets and mix and match certain pieces in order to see the total outcome (including both single item stats and set bonuses)?

The tool would be simple (to use, not sure how hard to make). It should be able to allow you to either select an item or create your own item (in case, for some reason the item you are looking for isn't showing up) and pair it with other items (of the same set or of a different one). Then, after pairing all of the items together it would show you the total outcome of stat and set bonuses.

Clearly the tool would have more features than that, and could be updated from time to time. I've tried to explain it best I can. I posted it in here because I myself do not have the knowledge, skill, or tools to create such a tool but was thinking maybe someone else who does would accept this challenge and create the 'Set Comparison Tool' in order to help us players quickly and easily sort out which set would be best for us? Maybe even the devs could create it and implement it into the game?
Unread 11-01-2010, 05:09 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

/signed

I would like this too - something like RatingBuster or even Rawr for WoW.
Unread 11-02-2010, 04:36 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Have you looked at Lotro Gear?

Quote:
It provides listings of all gear (level 40+) broken into sections for armour, jewellery and weapons that are easy to sort and filter.
It doesn't add set bonuses for you but at least you could see which armor pieces are available to you at a given level.