lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 04-11-2017, 02:43 PM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Question Questions and source file check

Hello there, as i'm new to this site i just wanted to ask some things before uploading.

Here is the thing, i created a tool i named Orchestrator which goal is to allow a single player to self deploy and play an orchestra.
This tool dont use memory tricks, and communicate with the game thanks to LUA api (to retreive which character have instrument equipped) and sending virtual keystrokes to game window (to send /play sync commands), it does NOT directly read/edit in game memory and in no way i designed it to make it easy for player to have an in game advantage for any other thing than playing music as a band.
I also dont plan do put a copyright on it, and will make it open source, it is mostly coded in Java and C++.

More precisely here what it features :
- can launch and log multiples LOTRO clients
- can send /music /play sync /follow /raid invite to running LOTR clients on a single computer
- can send a command in game that launchs a custom plugin to retreive the instrument currently equipped
- can cross data from which instruments are needed for each track of an an .abc file and
who have which instruments equipped in the party to create and send to LOTR clients the right /play sync command
- support french, german and english clients instruments localization

Here what i can do :
for clients launchs :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvpQn9ORDQo&t=20s
for music examples :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvpQn9ORDQo&t=9m09s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvpQn9ORDQo&t=14m30s

so, now here my questions :
- in which category i should upload ? (i believe RolePlay & Music)
- to work it needs a quick patch on songbook, so that it can write the name of targeted music to file system when a user click on sync button, can i upload a patched version of songbook within the archive ? or do i ask/wait for chiran to do it ?

Precisely it needs this in \The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\ChiranBB\SongbookBB\SongbookWindow. lua:1722 :
Code:
		Turbine.PluginData.Save(Turbine.DataScope.Character, "FILETOPLAY", Strings["cmd_play"] .. " \"" .. SongDB.Songs[selectedSongIndex].Filepath .. selectedSong .. "\" " , 
			  function( result, message )
			if ( result ) then
				Turbine.Shell.WriteLine( "<rgb=#00FF00>Music to play have been written to file, Ready to Sync !</rgb>");
			else
				Turbine.Shell.WriteLine( "<rgb=#FF0000>Music to play failed to save : " .. message .. "</rgb>" );
			end
			end);
- as executables files must be checked before uploading, can i upload sources in this thread as attachements ? or do i send them by private message ? to who ?

Thank you

Last edited by Vacknishkara : 04-11-2017 at 02:45 PM. Reason: forgot to say thank you
Unread 04-12-2017, 02:05 PM
The Undefeated

I had to create a new post to upload sources as attachments, sorry for the double post ! (and if you feel this .zip really bad, scan it )

I would like to upload at least for anniversary (20th i think).

If you have any questions/want to say something in particular, or troubles understanding it, i'll be there to answer.

by the way, is it fair if i upload sources with bins ?
this is more like "use it at your own risks, but you can understand what it does if you put some time in it"

sorry for that many questions
Attached Files
File Type: zip src.zip (555.0 KB, 1137 views)
Unread 04-13-2017, 11:54 AM
The Undying

In the absence of an official reply from the admins of this site, I will do my best:

Quote:
Fine.

Quote:
- to work it needs a quick patch on songbook, so that it can write the name of targeted music to file system when a user click on sync button, can i upload a patched version of songbook within the archive ? or do i ask/wait for chiran to do it ?
It would be better to get Chiran to include it, but he apparently hasn't been around for a while, so you may be waiting a long time.

Quote:
by the way, is it fair if i upload sources with bins ?
this is more like "use it at your own risks, but you can understand what it does if you put some time in it"
I would recommend that you permanently include the source code in the .zip file when you upload it to this site.

The most important thing you're going to need, by far, is a very clear and complete explanation of the steps necessary to install and use your application. There is never going to be very many people who want to do it (I'd say less than 100), and they may not be the most technically savvy people, so you need to make it as easy for them as possible. Good luck.
Unread 04-13-2017, 02:02 PM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurallor
I would recommend that you permanently include the source code in the .zip file when you upload it to this site.
Fine, i'm already ready for this.

Quote:
It would be better to get Chiran to include it, but he apparently hasn't been around for a while, so you may be waiting a long time.
Well, best thing i can do is putting him in credits for providing songbook, but i dont really want to wait a month or two, i wish ppl could get some fun with it for 10th lotro birthday.

Quote:
The most important thing you're going to need, by far, is a very clear and complete explanation of the steps necessary to install and use your application. There is never going to be very many people who want to do it (I'd say less than 100), and they may not be the most technically savvy people, so you need to make it as easy for them as possible. Good luck.
I totally agree with you, that's why i prepared an install and use video, and a README file (and its french version LISEZMOI) which includes followings informations :
Related build-in libs informations (dont worry, they allow redistributions and editing, check copyrights parts for this)
Features
Requirements
How to install Orchestrator
Optimization
How to use it
Troubleshooting
Want to contribute ?
Version history

Since i'm not a german speaker, it would be really great if someone could translate this into Deutsch lang

EDIT :
i forgot to ask something again, upload page contains following :
Do not include additional zip/rar files inside the main zip/rar file.

Sadly, java executables packages are .jar files, which are actually zips containings all java classes, is this a problem ?
Attached Files
File Type: txt README_EN.txt (22.2 KB, 1348 views)
File Type: txt LISEZMOI_FR.txt (25.7 KB, 1561 views)

Last edited by Vacknishkara : 04-13-2017 at 02:32 PM. Reason: forgot to ask about jar
Unread 04-14-2017, 10:33 AM
The Undying

I can't answer the question about .jar files. I would guess the reason for the prohibition of nested .zip files is that it interferes with automatic virus scanning. In that respect, .jar files are not a threat, so I don't think it would be a problem. If you need an official answer before uploading, send a PM to an admin, since they apparently aren't reading this.
Unread 04-14-2017, 01:35 PM
The Undefeated

I sent a PM to pull theme here, but i wont have much choices but to upload if admins dont show up to answer.
i'll wait until 16/04/2017.
Unread 04-14-2017, 02:40 PM
The Undying

The .jar file should not be a problem as Lunarwater's Linux/Mac version of Plugin Compendium contains a couple of .jar files (one for Linux, one for Mac).
Unread 04-16-2017, 04:16 AM
Lord Dolby of Veeshan
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacknishkara
so, now here my questions :
Hi Vacknishkara,

I'm very sorry it took so long to get back to you. Some reason the site didn't alert me that I had a private message waiting (I need to look into that).
  • The category you choose is good.
  • It shouldn't be a problem including a patched version, however in the future if Chiran comes back and has a problem with it we will need to address it. I see you gave credit to Chiran in your description witch is great.

Edit: my email issue should be fixed so I should be alerted of new private messages.

Last edited by Dolby : 04-16-2017 at 04:38 AM.
Unread 04-16-2017, 09:36 AM
The Undefeated

Hi Dolby !
Thank you for enabling my upload.
I'll create a support thread if someone needs help with its use.