lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 10-15-2012, 05:00 PM
The Wary

Send a message via AIM to LizMarr
Buttons don't "push"

I updated all the UI Skins that had apparently been in the last few days. I have been flipping through skins like mad trying to find one that works. What happens is, after I get the new releases looking good and all, is the tool bar buttons don't "push". this is true with the usual quest, craft, skill, etc buttons, and the store. but it even carries over to the quick bar buttons as well. I did the entire beta and the good, ol ui skins I have used all along worked exactly fine. if it didn't have an element it used the default. Why can't i get the buttons to work? with some I still have the earlier version, maybe that will work.
Unread 10-15-2012, 06:07 PM
The Undying

I'm having a similar problem. For some reason, clicking any button on my main bar, deselects whatever I currently have targeted AND doesn't execute the skill. This doesn't seem to happen with any other bar.

UI have tried removing my user skin but that made no difference. None of the buttons on the main bar work at all for me, though those with a key can be activated that way.
Unread 10-15-2012, 06:16 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Change the size of the toolbar to 99% or 101% or something, that should take care of the issue.
Unread 10-15-2012, 06:25 PM
The Wary

Send a message via AIM to LizMarr
I remembered that after a bit. Use the UI mass change size and poke the + or - then put them back. Now, it would be nice to figure out why and fix it so that the dummies in the world don't need to try to remember that.

I knew I had heard SOMETHING in the past. Sigh
Unread 10-15-2012, 06:34 PM
The Undying

heh, my client lost it's marbles earlier... I tried to press alt+m and pressed the wrong alt on my keyboard, next thing I knew ever single window was opening and my client was switching from windowed to fullscreen and opening the map and other panels like crazy.

there should be a fix to not have to do the + or - on the size... very interesting bug here
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:19 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equendil
Change the size of the toolbar to 99% or 101% or something, that should take care of the issue.
So, this works BUT... Every time I log back in or return from session play, I have to do it again. Any permanent fix?
Unread 10-15-2012, 09:17 PM
The Wary

I have this problem with the new mount toolbar - I can't even mouse-over it and get tool-tips. I'll try the size trick, but a more permanent fix would be great!

I'm using the Divine UI Gold edition skin if that matters at all.

Certainly if someone has a skin that doesn't have these issues I'd be open to trying it as well.

Currently on Silverlode with my Warden as my main with a Captain, Minstrel, and Champion being my primary alts.
Unread 10-15-2012, 10:21 PM
The Undying

I only have the issues when I use the skin part that changes the position and size of some of the buttons. When the mainbar is left alone, I have no issues.
Unread 10-16-2012, 08:44 AM
The Undying

Ok guys, time to panic or to enter in fury mode

It appeared in my tests that the problem come from :

<Element ID="ToolbarField" X="120" Y="746" Width="1024" Height="200">

Setting a "Y" value going outside the actual height of the screen seems to cause the bug.

On my own system, which has a 1200 height display, setting "Y" beyond 1000 make it bug. 1000 + 200 (toolbar's height from this example) = 1200

All works fine untill I test the same code on a smaller resolution of 980 pixels height. --> Welcome back Mr Bug !

This means people now have to edit both width and height values in the skindefinition.xml files to position the toolbar

I'm really fed up with this kind of crappy dev job...
Adra/Adragor/Osred from Sirannon.
Derelos/Prurit/Karnaj from Evernight.

Last edited by Adra : 10-16-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:21 AM
The Undying

I dont have that problem actually, i set up all my "Y" at 5000 after we talked long ago and never changed it.

I could play yesterday the whole day with Isil, tested multiple versions, and never encountered the problem.

May be i did unvoluntarily something that could help? hummm