lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Lua Programming Help (L)

Unread 05-04-2012, 02:40 PM
The Undying

UPdate 7 - LUA Changes

From the first release notes: (Reformatted slightly for reading, hopefully my chances are correct as the original text is not clear)

Lua
  • Added GetInCombatMoraleRegeneration method, InCombatMoraleRegeneration Changed event to FreePeopleAttributes.
  • Added GetInCombatPowerRegeneration method, InCombatPowerRegeneration Changed event to FreePeopleAttributes.
  • Added GetOutOfCombatMoraleRegeneration method, OutOfCombatMoraleRegeneration Changed event to FreePeopleAttributes.
  • Added GetOutOfCombatPowerRegeneration method, OutOfCombatPowerRegeneration Changed event to FreePeopleAttributes.
  • Added Bank, Vault, and SharedStorage classes.
These class provide access to a player's Vault and SharedStoraged with the following methods and events:
IsAvailable, Getcount, GetCapacity, GetChestCount, GetChestName, GetItem, PerformShortcutDrop, IsAvailableChanged,
CountChanged, CapacityChanged, ItemsRefreshed, ItemAdded, ItemRemoved, ItemMoved, ChestNameChanged.

The Vault and SharedStorage classes behave similarly to the in game UIs with regards to access.
The data can only be accessed after talking to a banker and remaining within range. While away from a banker the classes will return default values for their methods.
  • Added ItemInfo. This class is the new container for common item information.
With this shift, the following methods are being deprecated in Item: GetCategory, GetQuality, GetDurability, GetUnderlayImageID, GetBackgroundImageID, GetShadowImageID, GetIconImageID, GetMaxStackSize, IsMagic.

Deprecated methods will be removed in a future version so update your plugins!
Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (118)
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (68)
Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"

Unread 05-04-2012, 04:00 PM
The Indomitable

You overlooked one thing w/ respect to bag storage:

By player request

Increased bag space!
Players have long requested additional bag space for their characters. We appreciate that storage is always at a premium and more space is always better. It’s also a very complicated thing to make happen. Engineering requirements, server performance, and database space all have to be considered. We’ve looked at the request from every angle and we’re very happy to report that a sixth inventory bag will be made available as part of the Riders of Rohan pre-purchase.

Update 7 will include the User Interface changes required to make this happen. So, while you may see new inventory buttons on your toolbar, the bag itself is not currently available. More details on how to acquire it will be coming very soon.

The last part of this is of importance.
"Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they travelled through the computer. Ships, motorcycles. With the circuits like freeways. I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... i got in. "
Unread 05-04-2012, 09:17 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The Vault and SharedStorage objects sent me into sugar shock like a kid that ate wayyyyy too much candy for easter

So far I've only verified the classes exist and the IsAvailable method and IsAvailableChanged event seem to work properly. Once I get over my jubilation of finally having access to the Vault and SharedStorage objects I'll get around to actually working with them

The new ItemInfo has two additional methods, :IsUnique() and :GetNameWithQuantity(). The IsUnique() method is fairly self-explanatory. I'm not sure what the GetNameWithQuantity is supposed to return but it currently just returns the name - I'm hoping when it is fully implemented that it might return the name and total quantity for all items of its type which would be nice if multiple stacks exist. Unfortunately they didn't add any mechanism for retrieving the item Data value, but we can still hope. This seems to be a step in the right direction.

Unfortunately they did not add a :PerformShortcutDrop() to the EquippedItems object but it does exist for the Vault and SharedStorage so perhaps there is still hope that they will go back and change that.
Unread 05-05-2012, 04:51 PM
The Undying

Is Monday's downtime to implement update 7?

One wonders if Update 7 will also only be in beta for a few short days (Friday to Monday) as was 6.1.
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Ninth - Man Warden (65)

All about the fun!"

Unread 05-06-2012, 05:56 AM
The Indomitable

Well, the maint. window is rather long for a routine reboot, so I wouldn't be surprised if update 7 does go live. I've been busy adding the new content to my plugins so that I'll mostly be ready.
Unread 05-06-2012, 06:40 AM
The Indomitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garan
I'm not sure what the GetNameWithQuantity is supposed to return but it currently just returns the name
The difference is that GetName return the singular version of the name and GetNameWithQuantity returns the plural version of the name. This makes it easier to match names when you have stacks.
Unread 05-06-2012, 03:30 PM
The Wary

As a spaceaholic I'm really looking forward to plugins that can show me what my chars are holding in their inventories, both bags and vault! Will make my life so much easier
Unread 05-09-2012, 04:38 AM
The Undefeated

New API information

Could someone please post a list of the new API class and methods? I'd like to start thinking about plugin enhancements related to the bank, shared storage etc but I don't have information on the areas.

I know I can go into bullroarer and dump out information from objects, but that's pretty fiddly and not convenient if I am somewhere like work and want to do a sneaky bit of planning

Not only that but I think that there are lots of people who'd like to have access to a consolidated set of documentation.

How does the documentation for the API get maintained? Where should I look? I might be missing an FAQ or something. I saw that there is a documentation upload somewhere but it dates back to last year.

Thanks in advance,

Augury
Unread 05-09-2012, 05:23 AM
The Undefeated

I'm using the HereBeDragons plugin on bullroarer (great plugin btw to try and look at some of the new things coming.

Can anyone help with the following questions?
(1) How can I find information on ItemInfo. I can't find this under Turbine.Gameplay which is where I expect to see it;
(2) How do you get the ItemInfo for an item? There doesn't seem to be a new method attached to the Item class to return it.
(3) I just noticed that there are Service and ServiceContainer classes - what are these for?

Cheers,

Augury
Unread 05-10-2012, 07:49 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAugury
How does the documentation for the API get maintained? Where should I look? I might be missing an FAQ or something. I saw that there is a documentation upload somewhere but it dates back to last year.
The Lua support from Turbine is an "unsupported" situation. Also known as, "Oh, and by the way..."

The Developer Narrel posts updates to both the skinning packs and the Lua API, "when he has time."

While the Skinning Packs were updated for Update 6, the API file was not.

So, the most current API documentation is Narrel's post here:

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...mentation.html

And, yes, it was posted 10-19-2011.

We are extremely fortunate the Narrel manages to squeeze as much updating into any given release as he does -- since that's not his main job at Turbine.

One hoped that with the "publicizing" of the interface by including the Plugin Manager on the character generation page, we would see significantly more visible support from Turbine -- but, at least so far, that has not been the case.

The issue is similar with data.lotor.com support.

What support we have is great. What we want is more!

Sigh.

BTW: The above comments are intended as thank-yous to those Developers who do manage to "find the time" to enhance both features.
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Ninth - Man Warden (65)

All about the fun!"