lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 09-10-2010, 07:28 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Windows handles remapping to network different than remapping to a 2ed HDD and on a NT domain different than a home work group (the domain config could even have somthing to do with it) so it still could be the remap.
I could remap mine to my NAS to test but I don't have a domain setup ATM and I can't recreate your domain setup without having more info than would be safe for you to post in a public setting.
Unread 09-10-2010, 09:02 PM
The Undying

I have a Windows 2003 SBS Active Directory domain that services my desktop, my laptop, my wife's desktop and my son's desktop. Data is stored on the server with roaming profiles and folder redirection enabled. Folder redirection is configured by group policy to route My Documents to:

\\<server>\data\userdata\<username>

This works fine for 95% of the stuff out there today (about 3-4 years ago there were a lot of things that had a problem w/ My Documents being on a network location). Nice thing about it is that all of my data is backed up from one location (the server) and when I need to rebuild my desktop, it's a simple matter of reinstalling all the software; my data and my profile/settings are already on the server. Problem with it is that every so often I run into a scenario like this where something doesn't work quite right because it's not a "standard" configuration. Well, excuse me for being a geek
Unread 09-10-2010, 09:21 PM
The Undying

Welp, I just confirmed what I suspected. I logged out of my domain account and logged into my desktop as local Administrator. Then copied my "The Lord of the Rings Online" folder from my domain My Documents to Administrator's My Documents (which is located on the local hard drive of course)... and sure enough as soon as I loaded a plugin, the PluginData directory and all subdirectories were created perfectly.

So that means I either have to just not use plugins or log out of my machine and log back in with a local account just to play LotRO... suckage either way
Unread 09-10-2010, 10:43 PM
The Undying

you could try configuring the plugins logged in local than copying the config files to the servers. It's unlikely to work but can't hurt to try.