lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Lua Programming Help (L)

Unread 02-13-2013, 10:12 AM
The Wary

Debugging and Testing

Hi!

I am trying now developing in Lua Script, and still with problems getting the dev. environment working.
And one of my problems is to test the plugins without have to run the LOTRO, are there any application to test it?

Tks for the time spent!
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:27 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

There is no separate development environment for LotRO plugins. Lua as implemented in LotRO is a subset of the Lua runtime and has to be executed by the LotRO client since the client provides the environment. To execute and debug a plugin you have to load it in the game client. This is why I use my debug.lua file to provide a means of interactively executing Lua commands and exploring the objects in the Apartment in which the plugin is running (the client can have several distinct Lua environments called Apartments and a plugin can only access objects in the Apartment in which it is loaded).

You should probably read the thread http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...gins-for-Noobs since it covers everything you need to know to get started with Lua in LotRO.
Unread 02-14-2013, 10:56 AM
The Wary

Tks!
I already read part of the link you sent me, I will read the rest of it and tomorrow test some of the examples