lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 10-02-2008, 12:50 PM
The Wary

Help with Creating a UI

Hello all.

I know this is a lot to ask for but if anyone has any advice i would greatly appreciate it. I have attempted to make my own UI. I am very handy with photoshop but know nothing about XML. The way i have gone about creating my own is downloading a UI complete set from this site, and opening up all the TGA files and just editing the look. It worked great but now im addicted. The trouble i have run into is that the certian UI set i downloaded is missing some things like deedlog graphics and vitals. Anyway what i was wondering is if i could download another set with these missing items...change the graphics the way i have done before...and somehow combine only certain aspects of the 2 skin definition xml documents? if that is not possible if anyone could tell me how to edit my own to include these new files? thank you all very much and any help would be great
Unread 10-02-2008, 04:56 PM
The Undying

This http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...UISkinArt.html has all of the TGA's and their code in the XML, just as they appear in game. Basically, you'd include the XML file with the TGAs you edit, and if you don't edit some of them, just remove those ones from the XML file. I have absolutely no idea what you'd do for resizing/repositioning/removing things.
Unread 10-02-2008, 07:22 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Make sure you upload a skin if you make one!