lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 11-30-2010, 04:05 PM
The Unscathed
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

replacement for In-Game map

I was curious if anyone has looked into making a In-Game Map replacement for the game? I currently run the game on 3 monitors, at 4800x900 resolution. Got the Ui and plugins, etc all worked out to get perfect, but the map is HUGE!!!.. and all distorted .. is it at all possibly to even map a map replacement, preferably one that is movable and within a window to avoid the ingame map from being almost unusable for multi-monitor users?

I can only assume that there isn't any ingame method to capturing the LOC and facing direction of your char, as that could be used to create a bot, etc. but I just figured i would ask what "IS" possible, and maybe we can get something made up. Thanks in advance!
Unread 12-03-2010, 10:37 AM
The Unscathed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temil2006
I was curious if anyone has looked into making a In-Game Map replacement for the game? I currently run the game on 3 monitors, at 4800x900 resolution. Got the Ui and plugins, etc all worked out to get perfect, but the map is HUGE!!!.. and all distorted .. is it at all possibly to even map a map replacement, preferably one that is movable and within a window to avoid the ingame map from being almost unusable for multi-monitor users?

I can only assume that there isn't any ingame method to capturing the LOC and facing direction of your char, as that could be used to create a bot, etc. but I just figured i would ask what "IS" possible, and maybe we can get something made up. Thanks in advance!
Someone had a proof of concept up for a replacement map and it worked fine for the one sample map they had. so, hopefully they are still working on it. it was like google maps...you could zoom in and out, etc. i'll see if i can find the link.

Here:
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...LotroMaps.html

Last edited by matziq : 12-03-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Add link
Unread 12-04-2010, 11:44 PM
The Unscathed
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

yea, I allready saw that. Thanks for the reply though. Issue with that one is that it doesnt show you where you are currently located. I'm looking for something a little more like a replacment for the default map. Even if it uses the same ingame maps, but just making it resizable... hell, for that mater, even if I could just resize the current ingame map to be a smaller width instead of fullscreen. Currently it displays the map at 4800x900 .. that's majorly stretched width-wise, but it's the currect height. If only there was a way to make the width to be the size of 1 screen, instead of 3 ( 1600 width) . .that would be great even .. =) I dont think it's posable.. but if anyone can do it, it's going to be either the devs for the gurus on here.