lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > XML modification help (L)

Unread 04-07-2017, 07:49 AM
The Wary
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Question What are the possibilities with LOTRO's XML?

Hello everyone

After many years of absence, I decided to revamp my good ol' plugin.

I've grown up and I'm at college learning among other things XML.
I just got taught it's basically the same as JSON and CSV.

So I'm wondering, assuming things in LOTRO's XML have been pre-defined, what can I edit and what not?

For example; Would I be able to implement animated images? What 'records' or 'tags' are available? Is it possible to convert the XML being used to JSON or CSV? Etc.

If anybody knows, please reply here!
Unread 04-09-2017, 08:29 AM
The Undying

- file formats can be mapped to each other, so translating XML into another format like CSV and JSON is possible, there is just no point - it is only a different representation of data without giving you any additional functionalities ingame
- you can take a look at the XML files in an advaned, updated LOTRO skin like the JRR collection to see what has been achieved, but I have yet to see animated images
- just FYI, skins and plugins are different/separated - skins change the looks of interface elements, plugins are small programs written in the language LUA that are executed by the LOTRO client and give you new features for the interface and new interface elements that come along with that
Unread 04-10-2017, 12:35 AM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyoss
- file formats can be mapped to each other, so translating XML into another format like CSV and JSON is possible, there is just no point - it is only a different representation of data without giving you any additional functionalities ingame
- you can take a look at the XML files in an advaned, updated LOTRO skin like the JRR collection to see what has been achieved, but I have yet to see animated images
- just FYI, skins and plugins are different/separated - skins change the looks of interface elements, plugins are small programs written in the language LUA that are executed by the LOTRO client and give you new features for the interface and new interface elements that come along with that
Thank you! I'll keep that in mind.

PvMP could use some love!
Join the discussion