lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 09-23-2015, 01:23 PM
The Wary

[Request] Fellowship maneuvers timer

Hey all,

It would be nice to see a plugin that - once fellowship maneuver happens - shows how many seconds left to click the button. It would be useful since you can continue damage/heal and wait for the last second to apply the maneuver. Couldn't find anything like that. Is it possible with LOTRO's LUA?

Ty.
Unread 09-23-2015, 09:35 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Does the game generate a message in the chat window when the FM is started? If so, then it should be possible.
Unread 09-28-2015, 07:52 AM
The Undying

Isn't there a chat message saying something like "PLAYERNAME broke NPCNAMEs defenses"? Cannot login right now to check.
Unread 09-28-2015, 09:17 AM
The Undying

Not all FMs produce a chat message. During testing of Conjunction Junction, a beta plugin for FMs (originally called "Conjunctions") that was scrapped due to inconsistencies, I found a number of cases when the chat message isn't generated. Also, the time from the start of the FM to the receipt of the message is often subject to lag and thus unreliable for a timer. Players that wait for the last second based on the chat message will often find themselves missing the FM. Especially if you are going for an FM that depends on order (basically anything other than all one color). The only time the message is really reliable is if you or your pet trigger the FM.

Last edited by Garan : 09-28-2015 at 09:20 AM.
Unread 09-28-2015, 02:54 PM
The Undying

Thanks, Garan.

Sorry, Raiker, doesn't look like it's possible with the tools at our disposal.
Unread 10-08-2015, 11:26 PM
The Undying

Depends on how you want it to work, I'd imagine. If you want to know how much time is left on the FM of your current target, that's doable. Otherwise, I'm not sure I'd care to try to get the exact timing down without having the FMed mob be targeted at some point.
Unread 10-09-2015, 03:27 AM
The Undying

Care to elaborate?
Unread 10-10-2015, 01:29 PM
The Undying

If you only care about the amount of time left on the FM on your current target, you can use the target's effects to get that. Or if you can ensure that the mob's been targeted at some point when it has the FM, you can save the FM effect times, and just use that.

CCTimer's got an example of how to track combat state effects on your current target.
Unread 10-10-2015, 02:48 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius92
If you only care about the amount of time left on the FM on your current target, you can use the target's effects to get that. Or if you can ensure that the mob's been targeted at some point when it has the FM, you can save the FM effect times, and just use that.

CCTimer's got an example of how to track combat state effects on your current target.
I wasn't aware that initiating a fellowship maneuver caused an effect to immediately appear on the target. What's the name of the effect?

Regardless, I have played with target effects quite a bit and determined that the interface is way too flaky to be useful. Neither watching the events nor polling the effects list is a reliable way of tracking the effects. I submitted a bug report including a nice demo plugin, but I doubt it's going to be fixed.
Unread 12-09-2015, 03:11 AM
The Wary

Vulnerable is the name of the debuff on the target, so I guess that one can be used.