lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 09-18-2012, 07:24 PM
The Wary

Question LotRO Map Capture Program/Plugins?

So I've been trying look into a program/plugin that will work with Lotro, Specifically to make maps of the bigger towns & dungeon areas, as we see the viewed in the radar/minimap. Since some of the Towns coming out with RoR are large & a pain to navigate in a hurry, as well as some of the dailies you'll have access to @85 being maze like.
I've Tried LotROMaps, but it is out of date & no longer works with the current version of LotRO.
I even tried running the Map Capture & Map Maker Programs found here:
But they don't work either not to mention from what i can tell the site pretty much dead
I"ve tried looking into different possibilities that would put out accurate maps, since I"d rather avoid hand drawing them, due to time & the accuracy issues.
Even considered unpacking the DAT files that contain the in-game maps, but there are no Unpackers compatible w/ LotRO that actually work with anything current.

Anyone know of any plugins that work with lotro & would be able to aid in making maps using the in-game data we see in the radar?
Or anything external that is current & will work?
Unread 09-18-2012, 09:55 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I've made a number of maps available via MoorMap before Turbine included those maps, including the notorious Pit of Iron and Tal Methedras. I will probably make some maps beyond what Turbine provides for RoR if those areas are popular enough with users.

Unfortunately, beyond the obvious update for all of the 'Moors changes as well as adding the parchment maps for the expansion, MoorMap is not going to be my highest priority in the next month or two so any additional maps would not likely be available until late fall or early winter at the earliest. Of course, there's always the possibility that the lack of maps will annoy me as much as it seems to be affecting others and I may find myself motivated to change that priority