lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 07-30-2011, 02:51 PM
The Undefeated

Can't get Plugins to work?

I have looked and looked and I don't know what my issue is and I feel as if I am bashing my head against the wall.

I have downloaded the luaplugins that creates a plugins folder in my lotro folders, however, when I unzip the pluginsmanager file in there, load up my game, refresh, it says plugins to load (none).

I have the right plugins folder downloaded and the only thing I can think of ( I think I ran across this on the plugins chat forum) was that I was F2P.

I went from F2P to ViP and well, looking at my folder compared to the Developer who makes the commentaries on how to download plugins, well, my folder is a right mess in comparison.

Is this my issue? Because lotro works fine, and all, and I can play it, but I would really like to play with some of the plugins I see, but I can't even get manager to work, how am I supposed to get the rest?

I am really kinda new to this so, if someone could be *basic* to my problems, I'd appreciate it.
Unread 07-30-2011, 03:24 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by teviko
I have looked and looked and I don't know what my issue is and I feel as if I am bashing my head against the wall.

I have downloaded the luaplugins that creates a plugins folder in my lotro folders, however, when I unzip the pluginsmanager file in there, load up my game, refresh, it says plugins to load (none).

I have the right plugins folder downloaded and the only thing I can think of ( I think I ran across this on the plugins chat forum) was that I was F2P.

I went from F2P to ViP and well, looking at my folder compared to the Developer who makes the commentaries on how to download plugins, well, my folder is a right mess in comparison.

Is this my issue? Because lotro works fine, and all, and I can play it, but I would really like to play with some of the plugins I see, but I can't even get manager to work, how am I supposed to get the rest?

I am really kinda new to this so, if someone could be *basic* to my problems, I'd appreciate it.
What's the directory look like where you're installing? Should be:

Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/Plugins/

Your subscription doesn't make any difference, you can use plugins whatever your sub.

Last edited by Galuhad : 07-30-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Unread 07-30-2011, 03:36 PM
The Undefeated

I use Windows 7 and it is notorious for putting all my folders into programs (x86) in which prevents my programs from running.

So I installed to

C:\Games\Lord of the Rings Online

When I installed the lua plugins thing to there, it *did* create a folders named Plugins. But whenever I unzip a downloaded file into there, when I refresh it in game, it says I have no plugins to load.
Unread 07-30-2011, 03:42 PM
The Undying

There shouldn't be any plugins in your install directory.

If you open your 'Documents' folder, there should also be a folder inside called 'The Lord of the Rings Online'. This is also the same location screenshots are saved to. It is in this folder you should have the 'Plugins' folder.. The game should have created the folder for you automatically when installed.
Unread 07-30-2011, 03:44 PM
The Undying

You should have My Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/ folder. this is where you place your plugins folder and extract your plugins into there.

Then another thing i sense your doing wrong. Typing /plugins refresh isnt the way to load plugins. Its /plugins load pluginname.
Unread 07-30-2011, 03:52 PM
The Wary

the plugins dotn go into the c:/ lotro directory

it should be in the documents folder

so basically as example the Vitalbars plugin:

C:\Users\[yourprofilename]\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\Faflaf

The Pluigins directory needs to be created by you.

The Faflaf folder is the one you see when opening the rar file.

personally i'd prefer it if authors would name the folders with the plugin name rather than theirs but hey.
Unread 07-30-2011, 03:57 PM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galuhad
There shouldn't be any plugins in your install directory.

If you open your 'Documents' folder, there should also be a folder inside called 'The Lord of the Rings Online'. This is also the same location screenshots are saved to. It is in this folder you should have the 'Plugins' folder.. The game should have created the folder for you automatically when installed.

THIS! Thank you!

OMGOMGOMG thank you so much!

I didn't realize about the seperate folder. But thank you for taking the time to explain it to me like a child, this really helps.
Unread 07-30-2011, 04:06 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleandros
personally i'd prefer it if authors would name the folders with the plugin name rather than theirs but hey.
Well many authors make many plugins so the structure has been made /plugins/author/pluginnames

It helps cut down the amount of plugins you see in one folder.
Unread 07-30-2011, 04:10 PM
The Undying

Quote:
THIS! Thank you!

OMGOMGOMG thank you so much!

I didn't realize about the seperate folder. But thank you for taking the time to explain it to me like a child, this really helps.
Heh np Hopefully things should work for you now. Let us know if not.
Unread 07-31-2011, 06:49 AM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
I use Windows 7 and it is notorious for putting all my folders into programs (x86) in which prevents my programs from running.
That has nothing to do with Windows 7, but the fact that you have the 64bit version of Windows installed. Any application or game that is 32bit (i.e. like LotRO) will be installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\ by default. Any 64-bit apps or games will be installed to C:\Program Files\

That being said, I'm curious how that prevents your programs from running...

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros