lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 03-17-2012, 08:57 AM
The Undefeated

New Horsey Plugin

Hi,
I would like someone to revamp the horsey plugin in please. I'm not a programmer otherwise I would try myself.
It would be nice if it could have 2 rows for the horses with slots for 60+ mounts, as I have 48 and can only fit 40 on my screen.
thank you in advance
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:44 PM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hey there!

It's been a long while since I've stomped around these parts, and I just popped in to see what's new. Imagine my surprise when I saw a post about Horsey!

Although at the moment I don't have the time to update it, if I recall correctly it should be a very simple fix to increase the size of the Stable. Honestly, I think it only involves changing a single number.

If you'd like to do this yourself, I'd suggest you first get Notepad++. It's a free download, Google will guide you to it. Once installed, open up the file named HorseyBar.lua in Notepad++.

The line I think that needs changing is line 31: for i = 1, 30, 1 do

I believe that the "30" in that line is the limiter to the Stable size. Feel free to make it 50 or 60 or so, and give things a try. I'd also suggest that you make a backup copy of the HorseyBar.lua (and probably your My Documents\Lord Of The Rings Online\PluginData directory) first, just in case. I can't guarantee that changing that line will do it, honestly it's been a long time since I've really looked at the code. But it can't hurt to try!

If it doesn't work, change the number back. If something acts all wacky, just copy back from your backup! I'll try to poke my head back in soon, so please let me know if that fixed it for you!

rushl
Unread 03-23-2012, 10:24 PM
The Undying

LOL I just came here to say the same thing. I saw this a few days ago and decided to poke around in Horsey with Notepad++ and found that number. The 30 is indeed the number of slots.

I changed it to 60 and tried it ingame. It does give you up to 60 slots in the options but when I chose 60, it stretched the slots horizontally and made it impossible to close because they extended way past the edge of the screen. I logged out and back in with a different character and tried lower numbers. I managed to open 50 slots and all was good. I stopped there. You may be able to go higher but 60 was just all messed up. This was all done at a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 with Hi-Rez loaded.

Another problem is that the slots are all on one looong line across the middle of the screen and I haven't yet figured out how to split it into 2 (or more) lines nor how to move the slots bar.
Unread 03-24-2012, 08:09 AM
The Undying

Heya rushl,

If you want, you could enable add-ons/patches for you plugin, then people would be able to post changes if you have moved onto other things. I have a version of Horsey that I changed to have 2 rows of 30, but have not been able to post it here. I don't remember exactly what I needed to do to get 2 rows though, it was a little bit of work though.

Hicks
Unread 04-02-2012, 11:37 AM
The Indomitable

Great idea D.H1cks, I didn't realize that option was there. It's updated now, so I thank you for your contribution!

rushl
Unread 04-02-2012, 11:44 AM
The Wary

With the latest update there are now 75 possible mounts in-game if anyone needs that information.
Unread 04-02-2012, 06:53 PM
The Undying

5 rows of 15 would be sweet!

EDIT - Or 3 rows of 30 to allow room for future mounts.
Unread 04-06-2012, 01:01 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushl
Great idea D.H1cks, I didn't realize that option was there. It's updated now, so I thank you for your contribution!

rushl
Just a bit more testing on my end and I will be uploading a patch. Changes include:

1. Being able to select the number of rows and columns for the stable (with a max 10 rows and 30 columns for a total of 300 mounts)

2. The plugin save data should be compatible with non-english clients.

3. All elements will hide when F12 is pressed.
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:43 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.H1cks
Just a bit more testing on my end and I will be uploading a patch. Changes include:

1. Being able to select the number of rows and columns for the stable (with a max 10 rows and 30 columns for a total of 300 mounts)

2. The plugin save data should be compatible with non-english clients.

3. All elements will hide when F12 is pressed.
Awesome D.H1cks! Can't wait. Thank you!
Unread 04-06-2012, 09:17 PM
The Undying

BTW, its up here: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...horsPatch.html