lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 01-17-2015, 03:50 AM
The Wary
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyoss
Seems I have to check how the hiding is done as I was 100% sure it can not be achieved.
http://www.lotrointerface.com/wiki/S..._%28LotroUI%29

Quote:
My argument still stands as a replacement for the default target frame cannot be done without giving up display of target buffs/debuffs completely.
Ordegar:
Quote:
Why can't you just make a player vitals window and not display the buffs/debuffs and hide the original? Likewise with the target?
Unread 01-17-2015, 07:35 AM
The Undying

Ok just so we do not fight about semantics - to me, if the request is:

Quote:
All I want is hp and power bars for me and target that I can move closer to the bottom of the screen and not have the buffs display going on top of my hotkeys.
then to fulfill that request is to provide a solution that does not only provide word by word what was requested but a solution that still provides at least the same functionality. In this case:

There is NO way of using Buffbars to display target buffs/debuffs, or any way to handle target buffs/debuffs by plugin.

So sure the request could be fulfilled but leave Ordegar with a solution that would actually make playing harder/impossible (would not be able to see corruptions on tghe target).

So nobody did it because a fully functional solution for both player and target cannot be made so far.

I happily stand corrected on being able to create a solution for the player frame, though, and I could use this too.
Unread 02-11-2015, 09:25 PM
The Wary

Vitals question

Ok I am not a plugin maker but her goes

I have a plugin called vitals made by rod I cant find it here anymore. It only does the player and I was able to remove the image, lvl, player name and buffs and debuffs.

I also just found a plugin called vitalbars
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info440

there is also Vbar
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...o522-VBar.html

There are a few otehrs for vitals but I did not look into them.

As to how to hide the default user vitals in the main.lua for the plugin I have Rod used
-- Disable the ingame vitals.
--Turbine.UI.Lotro.LotroUI.SetEnabled( Turbine.UI.Lotro.LotroUIElement.Vitals, false );
Unread 02-16-2015, 10:25 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodor
Ok I am not a plugin maker but her goes

I have a plugin called vitals made by rod I cant find it here anymore. It only does the player and I was able to remove the image, lvl, player name and buffs and debuffs.

I also just found a plugin called vitalbars
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info440

there is also Vbar
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...o522-VBar.html

There are a few otehrs for vitals but I did not look into them.

As to how to hide the default user vitals in the main.lua for the plugin I have Rod used
-- Disable the ingame vitals.
--Turbine.UI.Lotro.LotroUI.SetEnabled( Turbine.UI.Lotro.LotroUIElement.Vitals, false );
Vitals by Rod is an example plugin that was developed by someone at Turbine when the LUA implementation was first introduced. You can find it as part of the Turbine libs/examples package. Also VitalBars is based on Vitals and should have more functionality.
Unread 02-20-2015, 11:03 PM
The Wary

Quote:
Vitals by Rod is an example plugin that was developed by someone at Turbine when the LUA implementation was first introduced. You can find it as part of the Turbine libs/examples package. Also VitalBars is based on Vitals and should have more functionality.
Thank you kindly for the information.
Unread 03-25-2015, 10:42 AM
The Wary

Custom graphics presets. what i mean is a way to save graphics settings and quickly switch between them, similar to how we can quickly switch between trait specs. So, for example, I'd have 3 sets: landscape on foot, high detail with lower draw distance; war-steed mounted, less detail but maximum draw distance; raid, minimum graphics all around.

Is this possible to do? I don't know anything about the LUA API, so I don't know if plugins have any access to the graphics settings. But if they do, something like this would be very welcome.
Unread 03-25-2015, 01:07 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angiath
Custom graphics presets. what i mean is a way to save graphics settings and quickly switch between them, similar to how we can quickly switch between trait specs. So, for example, I'd have 3 sets: landscape on foot, high detail with lower draw distance; war-steed mounted, less detail but maximum draw distance; raid, minimum graphics all around.

Is this possible to do? I don't know anything about the LUA API, so I don't know if plugins have any access to the graphics settings. But if they do, something like this would be very welcome.
Unfortunately, graphics settings are not exposed in the Turbine Lua API but this is still worthy of the wish list.
Unread 12-31-2016, 04:17 PM
The Wary

Multi-character synchronized emoting (ie Dance)

I know absolutely nothing about creation of plugins. I don't know if this would be possible, but it almost seems a slight change to the Songbook plugin.

Sounds kinda weird maybe, but multi-boxing characters to perform synchronous dance steps - especially during the ''concerts'' would look pretty cool.
Unread 12-31-2016, 05:56 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob72fl
I know absolutely nothing about creation of plugins. I don't know if this would be possible, but it almost seems a slight change to the Songbook plugin.

Sounds kinda weird maybe, but multi-boxing characters to perform synchronous dance steps - especially during the ''concerts'' would look pretty cool.
This is not possible with Lua since plugins can't execute commands across multiple clients and even synchronizing via a chat message wouldn't work since plugins can't programmatically execute emote/movement commands in response to chat.

However, I suspect that this would be fairly easy to set up using the same mechanisms used to program multiple clients to execute movement and combat skills simultaneously.
Unread 01-04-2017, 12:56 AM
The Undying

You could do it, but not in an automated fashion.

Essentially, you make it the plugin's job to have everyone on a more-or-less synchronized timer and to present individual players with an action button to hit and an indication of how much time before they need to perform the next action, and the individual players' job to hit the action button at the required time.