lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Interface Downloads Discussion > Beta Interfaces (L)

Unread 04-20-2007, 03:56 AM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

simulated all-in-one-inventory

I got to playing with the UI and I hadn't seen an all-in-one-inventory mod yet. I'm guessing that is because it's not possible with the asset IDs we know yet, but I wanted to show how far I'd gotten and see if I could get any ideas flowing.

I essentially so far have created invisible textures with an invisible alpha layer and removed all borders. As you can see from the screenshot, it removes ALL the borders from ALL the windows. This makes it difficult to see the text on many of the windows. I thought about creating an alpha layer that created the illusion of a 50% screen on all the borders.

What I think we need at this point is a way to modify just the bag borders (no asset IDs?) and the title bars/labels over the bags (no asset IDs?). I think until such a time as we have asset IDs to do this, a 50% transparent screen for all borders would do, but we have to get rid of those title bars. Is there any asset ID to remove them?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot00000.jpg
Views:	2483
Size:	427.6 KB
ID:	39  
Unread 04-20-2007, 04:36 AM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

Okay so I found the asset IDs I needed to make this work. It's not perfect, but it should do the job for now. Below is the screen shot.

I set all borders and box assets to 50% transparent. I set the box title asset to 100% transparent. The words still show, which is good news for the informational windows, but bad news for the bag windows. You can see the "bag" title and the "X" to close em. However, while they rest on top of each other, it becomes hard to see them, so it gives the illusion of an all-in-one-inventory.

With the tools we have available now, I think this is about the best we can do. I'm open to any ideas to make it better, of course.

Beta version 0.5.0 submitted for use - admin please move this topic to the beta section.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot00003.jpg
Views:	2044
Size:	406.5 KB
ID:	40  

Last edited by Aalwein : 04-20-2007 at 04:58 AM.
Unread 04-20-2007, 06:43 PM
The Indomitable

I tried a few ways to accomplish this...i thought about doing it the way you have it, but it bugs the crap out of me to see the title of the bags through the background of the others...

this was my solution....since the theme i'm working on uses only a 1px border around windows it doesn't look too bad.

here's a pic: http://www.the-mutiny.org/Buroku/bossyUI2.jpg

if you don't like the border then try just making a solid black background w/ a solid black border.

just a thought =D
Unread 04-21-2007, 01:31 AM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

I just changed the way I was using the borders with the latest version. I basically took the normal size of the border assets and trimmed them down to fit perfectly around the bag windows. This leaves a little inconsistencies in some of the information panels (ie. crafting window with a recipe selected) however it is hardly noticeable. Also, changing to the solid black (0% transparency) makes all the windows much more readable.

Overall, until we can trim down the actual window size via XML and remove those labels all together, there's no real way to avoid the nuisance of having to "activate" the bag window you want to negotiate on the three bags that have their bottom rows covered by the lower bag's label.