Welcome to the Release Notes for Dungeons & Dragons Online! These release notes were posted Wednesday October 29th, 2008.
News & Notes
The heroes of Stormreach turn another page in the tale of the Stormreaver, while arriving travelers begin their journey anew unraveling the mystery of a snow-covered tropical island. Danger and excitement awaits new and veteran adventurers alike!
Of Special Note:
Prisoners of Prophecy
The epic story of the Stormreaver reborn takes an unexpected turn in this module, as the giant and the dragons of Argonnessen find themselves forced into a fragile alliance against the machinations of the ancient undead dragon, the Truthful One.
Sorjek, once the Stormreaver’s loyal lieutenant, has been brought back from beyond the grave as a terrifying lich giant, hell-bent upon revenge against the heroes that laid him low in life, and tasked in death to steal the souls of dragons and add to the Truthful One’s growing army of dracoliches.
To bring him down (again), players must travel by airship, uncover a hidden atoll, cross great mountains of ice, defeat a scorpion king, and forge into the heart of an infested volcano.
Four challenging new dungeons, four breathtaking wilderness landscapes, and a new two-part public quest hub – all part of the new module 8 high-end content release!
- The level advancement screen now correctly displays:
- Your new base attack bonus
- The number of new spell points you've earned
- Your new Ki points
- Increases to saves
- Previously, save DCs in tooltips for spells would intermittently be incorrect (especially immediately after equipping an item). This should no longer happen.
- You are now able to lock an item in your inventory immediately after receiving it.
- The graphics settings change confirmation box appears in the center of the screen on very large computer monitors now.
- Friends List
- People in your friends list should now show the correct status. If they are standing beside you, they should no longer show as 'offline' -- unless they are anonymous.
- Corrected tool tips on the Friends List UI.
- The icons for items won in an auction should more reliably show up on the in-game mail received.
- Death and Rage visual effects will now fade away after a few moments.
To find out more about Module 8: Prisoners of Prophecy
, check out the release notes
at the DDO