lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 09-06-2010, 08:46 PM
The Wary

Having problems installing UI mods.

I have recently read your FAQ on how to install mod's, however I don't think it's up to date with those who have windows 7.

I've been trying to installed this UI mod called Durin Folk 1.8, and the problem that I am having is that I don't use the UI Setting folder on the option's list. I've exited out completely, even the launcher that pop's up after I exit out of the game, relaunched the game, and checked back to options and still it is not visible.

Does any of these UI mods works with the F2P beta? If so, why is it not working for me?
Unread 09-06-2010, 09:14 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Basically every skin on this site will show up in your "current user skin" list in-game if you have installed it to a correct location. The problem is that many of the skins are last updated long ago and the client have changed after that.

Therefore many of the skins won't work properly with the current live client - and even less with the current beta client/V3B2 live client, it will take time before the current active authors will get their skins updated (not all even have beta access).

In addition to that the skinners haven't yet received the newest resources from Turbine for V3B2, there's no word from Turbine yet about when we can have those resources.

Best way to find an updated skin is to go to the download section of this site and sort the skins by date.

To install a skin make sure the files you downloaded are located in <root dir>\\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\UI\Skins\<skinname> directory (the path to your My Documents might be a bit different depending which Windows you use). If you don't have UI\Skins\ subdirs, create them yourself and extract the files there.

-d

Last edited by daimon : 09-06-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Unread 09-06-2010, 10:38 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

For Windows 7 you will need to generally use:

C:\Users\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\UI\Skins