lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Interface Downloads Discussion > Pre-Beta Interfaces (L)

Unread 06-10-2010, 05:24 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYears1978
might have to release multiple versions
That's exactly what happened to me I started with one type of skin that was for, i dont remember, maybe 1280x1024 resolution. And now my skin has 3 different types of skins and two of them have multiple skindefs for different resolutions (that's what happens when you grant people their wishes hehe, i have no regrets though, it's been fun doing this stuff).

anyways back to on-topic. I like the bar that goes from side to side (the first one you linked). looks good.
Unread 06-10-2010, 08:09 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYears1978
If it were up to just me I wouldn't put the Bag icons or the Menu icons at all..or even the autoattack button..I don't use any of those I use shortcuts only But since I know a lot of people like those I left them.

If released I will probably make versions where all of those items are hidden also It is very minimalistic though since its all so flat...doesn't really get in the way of anything

Thanks for the comments guys!
In my UI I removed all buttons and hidden the menu in the middle of the XP bar. You have to mouse over it to make it popup.

The nice thing with this trick is the "button" is invisible as in the XP bar but people who don't know the shortcuts they are all easily accessible.

For the autoattack button I left some comments in the XML file so people who don't want it know how to hide it.
Unread 06-10-2010, 08:53 AM
The Undying

Thanks for all the feedback everyone

I agree with you Daimon, I like my original one the best..it has everything in it but yet it's not obtrusive to the play screen. The others didn't look as good..and since the skin IS originally for ME to use..I guess I better stick with what I like. Later I can change it if people don't like it.

I tweaked the menu positions (bags and toolbar customizable icons) though so it would be easier to remake for smaller resolutions when I get there (image attached)

Going with this one..the only issue I foresee is the menu buttons don't tell you what they are without mouseover..but for me..not a problem since I usually use shortcuts or the start menu...I'm going with it like this so I can start skinning the rest

New image of the small tweaks attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen3.jpg
Views:	1184
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	159  
Unread 06-10-2010, 03:02 PM
The Undefeated

I think it would be best to release different versions, especially since you already have the graphics made. Personally, I like the minimal version better but some people like a fuller UI.
Unread 06-10-2010, 05:33 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cithryth
I think it would be best to release different versions, especially since you already have the graphics made. Personally, I like the minimal version better but some people like a fuller UI.
I will likely do that if I can find the time..I work 3 jobs, have 3 kids..so I have not even been able to play the game as I have spent my free time on this..I will star with my own version and go from there

Cithryth, I like your minimal UI, I was using it before I decided to create my own..Im using some elements from it..of course those originated elsewhere.

Vitals is a big one I liked from yours (Minimal without the 3d portrait etc)

Thanks again all for the feedback!
Unread 06-11-2010, 01:02 AM
The Undying

Indeed, start with one skin for yourself. Later on you can always expand it for more resolutions and 'customer' wishes ;-)

Keep us updated :-)
Unread 06-11-2010, 02:46 AM
The Undying

Here's the latest shot (Not much new, has the Player Vitals in it)

Took forever to get those right..there were too many items in that panel I didn't know what they did (still will have to tweak but looks good to me!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot00039.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	449.0 KB
ID:	160  
Unread 06-11-2010, 11:28 AM
The Undying

Looks really nice.

IMHO I would either go with both minimalistic vitals (like in your example) and minimalistic bottom bar or both large ones.
Unread 06-11-2010, 02:46 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deewe
Looks really nice.

IMHO I would either go with both minimalistic vitals (like in your example) and minimalistic bottom bar or both large ones.
Thanks

So are you saying in the above shot those vitals are too big? (Not minimal?
I actually like those vitals and think they are not too big..but I guess I could release both versions.

Again, first verison will be what I want to use myself (not meaning that to be selfish lol) and then I will release modschanges for people if they want. Doesn't appear the skinning UI scene is that large really for LotRO so people may not even download my UI anyways.