lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 11-19-2010, 12:34 AM
The Wary

issues with setting up UI

Hi guys, I am currently trying every which way to use setup a full DaimonUI. I've been through the setup instructions step by step, and it still will not show the choice in the drop down menu under misc. If anyone could plz give some input i would be very appreciative.
Unread 11-19-2010, 04:29 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

So you can't see any of the skin names and select them from your clients drop down list (located in "Main Menu > UI Settings > Current User Skin")

there can be various reasons. it's a bit hard to know where to start from

the most common reason for this is that the location of the files are incorrect. please copy your DaimonUI folder path here.

Then there's a possibility that something went wrong while using the setup if you used that small script file of mine to set the skin up (black little window with green text on it where you can select stuff).
Unread 11-19-2010, 05:14 AM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimon
So you can't see any of the skin names and select them from your clients drop down list (located in "Main Menu > UI Settings > Current User Skin")

there can be various reasons. it's a bit hard to know where to start from

the most common reason for this is that the location of the files are incorrect. please copy your DaimonUI folder path here.

Then there's a possibility that something went wrong while using the setup if you used that small script file of mine to set the skin up (black little window with green text on it where you can select stuff).
I dont see any link to or path to copy, but yes, i followed the instructions on the daimonui page, and the instructions on the forums, still nogo.
Unread 11-19-2010, 05:29 AM
The Undying

I just want to make sure that the skin is extracted in the right place. You can get the directory path from your Windows Explorer
Unread 11-19-2010, 11:51 AM
The Wary

Right, and i used the directory right out of the daimonUI theme spot after i downloaded it. I put it into the whole lord of the rings directory. Can't give u an exact directory because im not on my computer but...

c:/program files(x86)/turbine/lord of the rings online

Now daimon ui creates a UI and skins folder, so i extracted it right into the lord of the rings folder which than automatically created a ui/skins directory.
Unread 11-19-2010, 12:38 PM
The Undying

tut tut not the client directory, the skins are installed into your my documents directory

quote from the guide:
Quote:
  • XP: <drive>:\\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\
  • Vista/7: <drive>:\\Users\<username>\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\
  • Make sure UI folder was created in that directory. The skin files should now be located in \\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\UI\Skins\DaimonUI4\ directory