lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 10-19-2014, 11:57 AM
The Wary

Is it anything out there doing this already?

Hello, first, thanks to everyone involved in this page, developers and forum stuff. I use many of the plugins published here, and Im enjoying so much them.

I have searching deep and wide for a plugin that let me know what gear (armour/weapon/jewelrry) carry my others chars, since I have 6, and all around same level.

The utility for this is when crafting time comes, I could check what need to be crafted, for all others chars at once, in each of my professions.

I wonder it could be something like profiles, in one plugin, that we could create, very similar to Tulkas, but let it us to consult it with another char, just opening the plugin, and chosing the right profile.

I dont know if there is something like that already. I was trying to learn how to create a plugin for it, but it seems to be a long road, and maybe there is something done.

Thanks in advance.

Aricandir, Laurelin RP. Lotro.
Unread 10-19-2014, 03:49 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronauta
Hello, first, thanks to everyone involved in this page, developers and forum stuff. I use many of the plugins published here, and Im enjoying so much them.

I have searching deep and wide for a plugin that let me know what gear (armour/weapon/jewelrry) carry my others chars, since I have 6, and all around same level.

The utility for this is when crafting time comes, I could check what need to be crafted, for all others chars at once, in each of my professions.

I wonder it could be something like profiles, in one plugin, that we could create, very similar to Tulkas, but let it us to consult it with another char, just opening the plugin, and chosing the right profile.

I dont know if there is something like that already. I was trying to learn how to create a plugin for it, but it seems to be a long road, and maybe there is something done.

Thanks in advance.

Aricandir, Laurelin RP. Lotro.
Short answer: No.

Long answer:
AltInventory used to provide this functionality prior to version 3. Unfortunately, Turbine broke the API function GetEquipment() which allows us to access the player's equipped items. This caused any plugins that used the function to crash the client whenever the plugin was unloaded and in some circumstances when changing zones. In order to isolate the problem and to prevent future issues, all of the non-inventory features were removed from AltInventory and were slated to be published as a separate plugin, AltViewer. Currently, AltViewer does not support equipped items since Turbine has not yet fixed this bug but if they ever do, then AltViewer will again support viewing Alt's equipped items.
Unread 10-19-2014, 06:22 PM
The Wary

Thank you for the answer, in both here and lotro interface, Garan. What a pity there is not chance to develop many improvements for the game because this lua thing.

I have realised that an alternative would be then to put all my gear, before I change/logoff, in the inventory bag, so with Alt Inventory I can still see the stuff from other chars. I know I can't see the stats with this solution, but then there is Compendium and Tulkas which can help with the comparison.

I guess is a extra job (wear/unwear the gear everytime) but it doesnt take so much, anyway.

Thanks for your clarification.

Best regards, Aricandir.
Unread 10-21-2014, 05:33 AM
The Undying

A quick update about some timely news: Ransroth, one of the Turbine devs who has donated his own time to implement Lua in LotRO just posted that he finished a bug fix for the client crashes due to GetEquipment(). This fix should be in the next release on Bullroarer so I will do my best to set aside time to extensively test this.

If, as I hope, the bug is finally eradicated, the Equipped Items tab for AltViewer will finally be published. Unfortunately, it has been nearly two years since I last touched the code in AltViewer so it will probably have to undergo some rigorous testing of its own as well as an unknown amount of fixing.
Unread 10-21-2014, 10:27 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garan
A quick update about some timely news: Ransroth, one of the Turbine devs who has donated his own time to implement Lua in LotRO just posted that he finished a bug fix for the client crashes due to GetEquipment(). This fix should be in the next release on Bullroarer so I will do my best to set aside time to extensively test this.

If, as I hope, the bug is finally eradicated, the Equipped Items tab for AltViewer will finally be published. Unfortunately, it has been nearly two years since I last touched the code in AltViewer so it will probably have to undergo some rigorous testing of its own as well as an unknown amount of fixing.
That's great news. Given that Ransroth seems to be in the mood to fix bugs, we should strike while the iron's hot.

Based on your knowledge of the extant bugs, which are the most important to fix? I can help write minimal test cases (i.e. the shortest possible Lua script to manifest the bug) to make it easy for Ransroth. I'm on vacation for the next few weeks.

Last edited by Thurallor : 10-21-2014 at 10:47 AM.