lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 09-12-2017, 08:38 AM
The Wary

In desperate need of advise on how to run the Songbook on Mac

Hello Folks,

I just started playing LOTRO a couple months ago and really enjoy the depths of the game. As I really enjoy playing the minstrel and being interested in doing some RP and play some Music for the players.

I please, please need some help/advise on how to get the Songbook-plugin (by Chiran) run on my Mac as I want to play music in sync with other Friends.

I managed to get the ABC-files run for solo play but I couldn't find any information about how the Songbook get's to work on the Mac. Is it even possible? If you have a solution you can leave a post or PM me

Thank you and enjoy the game
Unread 09-13-2017, 05:13 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I gather the problem for you is being able to add all of your songs to the songbook plugin. You are able to successfully load the plugin?

Unfortunately the script for importing your songs into the plugin was designed to run under Windows, and I don't think it works on a Mac.

The script creates a file called SongbookData.plugindata. This is basically a text file containing information about the location and contents of your .abc files. You could create it manually, but it would be a huge PITA.

I think your only recourse is to copy all your .abc files to a Windows machine, run the script there, and then copy the SongbookSettings.plugindata file back to your Mac. If you want, you can zip up your "The Lord of the Rings Online/Music" folder and send it to me, and I'll create the .plugindata file for you. Unfortunately, this would have to be repeated whenever you add a new .abc file to your Music folder.

Last edited by Thurallor : 09-13-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Unread 09-17-2017, 10:14 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Also, please try this script. I wrote it on Linux, but I don't have access to a Mac, so I need a Mac user to try it.