lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 06-19-2013, 02:31 AM
The Indomitable

Seems like LotRO skinning is dead

There are hardly any themes that get updates these days.

Nobody helps to answer questions here or on the LotRO forums.

There are nagging bugs that still have not been fixed, such as the inability to click on skills or get the popups when hovering on your primary skill bar.

I can't stand the default skin, but I also can't play without the primary skill bar being clickable. And resizing it to 1.01 or 0.99 makes it look horrible. It's a lose/lose situation.

I've tried updating the old Black Vellum skin, because I think it was the best one available, but with all the new changes to war mounts and anniversary portraits and stable panels and new alerts system, I'm in over my head if I can't get help and Turbine doesn't fix their bugs.

Last edited by cowgod : 06-19-2013 at 02:33 AM.
Unread 06-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Unfortunately you are correct -the community is rather stagnate these days. =/
Unread 06-19-2013, 09:49 AM
The Undying

If Warner/Turbine isn't interested why should we, after so many years and and empty promises about new UI ?

(respect to devs whom have used their own free time to give us skin pack updates).

dh
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:22 AM
The Indomitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimon
If Warner/Turbine isn't interested why should we, after so many years and and empty promises about new UI ?
That is a very sad, but very realistic way to put it.

For the record, I used DaimonUI for the first year I played LotRO, and I really enjoyed it.
Unread 06-20-2013, 12:31 AM
The Undying

1)
Yes, almost all authors here on Lotrointerface have throwed the towel.
The poor quality and the rarity of the skinning pack releases, and particularly the monthly breaking of the UI have discouraged/frustrated everyone.

2)
Only custom toolbars are affected by the "buttons don't push" bug. Universal toolbars work perfectly.
If you play in fullscreen mode, you don't need to change the toolbar scale to fix the buttons. Just calculate appropriate X and Y values for your own screen resolution on the line beginning with " <Element ID="ToolbarField" ".
The calculation rule is :

X = (Your game resolution width - your toolbar's width) / 2
Y = Your game resolution height - your toolbar's height

3)
Why trying to update the old Black Vellum since Isil skins have been stopped only a few monthes ago ?
There would be much less work fixing it.
Adra/Adragor/Osred from Sirannon.
Derelos/Prurit/Karnaj from Evernight.

Last edited by Adra : 07-30-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:19 PM
The Indomitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adra
Why trying to update the old Black Vellum since Isil skins have been stopped only a few monthes ago ?
There would be much less work fixing it.
I actually did not know about the Isil skin. Seems like I have duplicated some work, unfortunately. In any case, I am just going to have to live with the default skin until Turbine fixes the bugs. Perhaps then I will have motivation to update Isil.
Unread 06-21-2013, 12:11 AM
The Wary

I know that when I get my new computer, which will be in a few days I'd like to get into skinning my UI & may use portions of the current UIs with permission from the respective authors of course.
Unread 07-28-2013, 10:57 AM
The Undefeated

I know I haven't been able to update and when I have time to work on it Turbine has changed even more stuff. Add to that my PC keeps freezing in my art program and it makes it very difficult to update. I really, really want to fix Eorlingas again but I think my PC is dying and I surely won't be able to afford a new one until Christmas time. At least I got Spirit Of Elfwood to be usable again even if I feel that it's incomplete.
Unread 07-29-2013, 08:58 AM
The Undefeated

This looks a bit like discussions in the offical about classes that need a revamp: everybody has ideas but Turbine does nearly nothing.
Unread 07-29-2013, 11:09 PM
The Wary

I think Sapience pretty much summed it up in this post...

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...95#post6843295

Quote:
Lua is a developer 'pet project'. It has never been an officially supported aspect of the game. Those devs involved work on it in their own free time.
Yet, strangely enough, they have a plugin manager built into the game. And, even stranger, they used it as a marketing tool prior to it being released.

If you ask me, the whole damn game is a pet project anymore.