lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 04-16-2011, 06:38 PM
The Wary
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

How does one create a Plugin?

I've made mods before for other games, but what programs do I need to make plugins for this game? I can't find the answer anywhere, though I may have not looked hard enough. I just want to create some plugins, not skins.

Thanks!
Unread 04-16-2011, 11:40 PM
The Undying

You don't really need any specific programs since the Lua files are just text, most authors use Notepad++ or other basic text editor. The only image formats currently supported by the Lua controls are JPG and TGA files, so Paint.net or similar image editor will work fine. There are a couple of stickies on the lotro.com forums under the Lua section that pertain to getting started with Lua - the "introduction" post has links to the API and some Turbine samples: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Lua-UI-scripts Note that the dowloads are in 7Zip format but there's also a link to the free 7Zip utility in that post.

I would recommend reading through the "Current API Issues & Discussion" forum (under the Lua section on forums.lotro.com) to get familiar with the known bugs/pitfalls and some of the existing workarounds. You might want to also check out the "Plugins & Requests" section to see what plugins have already been developed.

Last edited by Garan : 04-16-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Unread 04-17-2011, 06:45 AM
The Wary

Thanks so much for all the info! I'm gunna jump right in =D