lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 05-27-2013, 12:26 PM
The Wary

Smart Quest Tracker

I've been browsing and searching for a while now with no success, but I was wondering if this is possible. I'm looking for a smarter quest tracker.

I would want it to organize the quests by current distance to the next quest objective as well as be able to have more than the standard 5 quests tracked. If there are so many quests tracked that make the list longer than a certain adjustable height, it cuts off and says something like 'X additional quests tracked" Even if the former, organization based on distance, idea is infeasible, the latter would suffice for my needs.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated.
Unread 05-27-2013, 12:54 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

This is not possible due to limitations of the Lua API. There is no access to quest data of any sort and there is no programmatic access to player location. We can acquire location from the chat each time the /loc command is issued but that requires a minimum of a user click on a control or a programmable keyboard (although having an automatically repeating command makes entering real chat text difficult).

The best you can do at this time is use a plugin like Compendium to look up quests and then use the integration with Waypoint or MoorMap to display the direction or map location.
Unread 05-28-2013, 12:34 AM
The Wary

Good to know, thank you. I kind of figured that would be out of the capabilities of plugins, but thought I'd check. What about the second part, having more than 5 quests tracked at any given time?