lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > XML modification help (L)

Unread 06-21-2007, 08:42 AM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

ancient wolf is assuredly an addict. Come on ... raise your hand and say it!
Unread 06-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Guilty!

I'm obsessed when I have a vision for something and a silly thing like code gets in the way.

Unlike AI scripting I did years ago, I'm getting satisfaction from starting from the beginning with LoTRO's UI in its infikcy <--- "Popeye voice".

Now the servers are down till 1... bleh.
Unread 06-21-2007, 10:03 AM
The Indomitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientWolf
Guilty!

I'm obsessed when I have a vision for something and a silly thing like code gets in the way.

Unlike AI scripting I did years ago, I'm getting satisfaction from starting from the beginning with LoTRO's UI in its infikcy <--- "Popeye voice".

Now the servers are down till 1... bleh.

I'm the same way, right now what I really would like to know is how to lock the whole bar to the bottom center (like it does by default) but at the same time change it's size and the position/size of it's child elements.

I'm also taking my time trying to figure out the best way to handle multiple-resolution setups, here is where the "minimalist" UI's won't have much of a problem but those of us doing full art replacements are going to have a bigger workload

So instead of finishing up my next two themes, I've been doing nothing but working on these new layouts since Evendim came out... *grumble*

/rant off
Unread 06-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Tools and UI Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.H1cks
You should actually leave the 'Y' = 12 alone. You only need to change the top level element to move everything inside it.
I'm on vacation!

But this statement is correct. If you don't want to change the whole layout of the LevelMeterFill, you can actually remove it from the XML file. merely by setting the position of the LevelMeter keeps everything else in the same position underneath.

If you're trying to move the LevelMeterFill within the LevelMeter, the "Y" coordinate is parent relative, so your valid range for the y position should be between 0 and the height of the LevelMeterFill (30). Note, however, that the LevelMeter is 12 high, so the real range in order to see it is y = (0..18)

I hope that works, because if not...

I'm On Vacation!

Kidding, I'll look at problems when I can, though.

-P
Unread 06-21-2007, 02:29 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

Enjoy the vacation Frosty - we can wait! I'm going on vacation this weekend myself and if I get a call from my office I will send them email bombs!
Unread 06-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Yeaps, enjoy the vacation! I appreciate you confirming every'ting.

@Led:

I know the feeling about the workload. Its daunting. So far most of the requests Ive had has been directed towards keeping the "fluff" to a minimum;

/boggle

I like elaborate panels and nifty touches laced throughout the ui, but it seems the critics want less. One fix and Ive got at times 9-11 folders for different variations to do.

Thank god for doughuts.