lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 04-28-2007, 06:38 PM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

tooltip background AssetID?

Is there an AssetID for the background of a tooltip? I'm looking for something similar to the "base_box_center" and "base_box_center_silver" IDs.

Thanks in advance.

-Blok
Unread 04-28-2007, 10:02 PM
The Undying

base_box_center_silver doesn't do it? I thought that is what I had found. But it is used in a few places, like the info box when you hover over stuff.
Unread 04-29-2007, 01:27 PM
The Indomitable

i don't think "base_box_center" and "base_box_center_silver" handle tooltip backgrounds....altho i could be wrong. I have both of those AssetIDs pulling off the same image. it's solid black with a light gray alpha layer.

i have all the basepanel images (the ones that control the tooltip sides and corners) with the same alpha layer grey as the "base_box_center"...but when i have a tooltop on the screen you can see thru the tooltip just fine, but the corner images aren't as transparent...i don't get it. =/
Unread 04-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Go for three

Send a message via AIM to Sabar Send a message via MSN to Sabar Send a message via Yahoo to Sabar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlokX
i don't think "base_box_center" and "base_box_center_silver" handle tooltip backgrounds....altho i could be wrong. I have both of those AssetIDs pulling off the same image. it's solid black with a light gray alpha layer.

i have all the basepanel images (the ones that control the tooltip sides and corners) with the same alpha layer grey as the "base_box_center"...but when i have a tooltop on the screen you can see thru the tooltip just fine, but the corner images aren't as transparent...i don't get it. =/
You need to make the corners/sides completely transparent except for the actual border, the base_box_center_silver is laid underneath those graphics, so if you have the borders semi-opaque, it will look darker than it should because of that.
Unread 04-30-2007, 01:49 PM
The Indomitable

that's what i was looking for. thanks man! i'll fix that and reupload today. =D