lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > Site Forums > Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions

Unread 11-29-2007, 11:23 AM
The Wary

"Advertisement" on the website

When attempting to open this website just now, I got a notice box about my system not being optimized. This is annoying at best. What really is nasty, is resizing of windows and attempts to install software on my PC.

This type of advertisement is the lowest possible, even more annoying then those "You are the winner" boxes which trigger epileptic attacks. This scares people away from your site. You would do well to filter your advertisements. I have no problems with advertisements on websites, as they provide the means to run a website. This type of advertisement however, basically encourages people to install ad-blockers.
Unread 03-23-2008, 08:31 PM
The Undying

Speaking of ad blockers:
http://www.mozilla.com/products/down...win&lang=en-US
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...x+tb+sm+fl.xpi

Oh, and "resizing of windows" sounds like SPYWARE to me!