lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 07-25-2011, 03:28 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

'fraid the "macro" system in Lotro does not allow this. Then again this is the REQUEST thread - lets hope Turbine read it too!
Unread 07-27-2011, 03:54 PM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrin21
would it be possible to write a script such as /equip for the said item kinda like wow did, then you could just type in /equip item for each item with one click. wouldnt be an addon, just something like a macro as wow called it
As Mr. Jackdraw said, the "macro" system in LotRO isn't anywhere near as robust as WoW's - frankly, the only thing that really qualifies as a macro in the chat window is the ability to link chat commands to a quickslot - however, no chat command exists to equip an item.

To improve my earlier post - it would be possible to do something like store the quickslots of both sets, and display those quickslots in a form of a carousel, so you could just scroll and click for each piece. That way it would only take up a slot sized area on your screen. Then when clicking a set piece to equip it, the slot would change to the piece for the "other" set.

However, there would be a couple of caveats to this. First, both the original and the 2nd set would have to be manually set, via dragging the item into the appropriate quickslot. Second, and more importantly, there's no way to verify that clicking on the slot actually would equip that piece.

For instance, if you were to attempt to change your set in a situation where the game wouldn't let you - there's no way for the plugin system to know this. So the plugin would just have to assume that the change went through - even if it didn't. Of course the plugin could always be "reset" if that should happen - via chat commands for that plugin - but obviously that's not ideal.

So yeah - end result is that you'd still have to click on each piece to change it, but some UI magic could be done to make it take up a minimal amount of space, and it might still be more convenient than having to dig through your bags for said pieces.

Sadly, nothing in the game supports "using" or equipping multiple items with a single click.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 05-20-2013, 04:30 PM
The Undefeated

deactivating skills

i don't know, if there's any addon, that can deactivate skills by using countdown.

ie the loremasters debuff improved sign of power: command
when this debuff is on the enemy, there is no reason to activate it again. in this case, it is only harmful to your character by losing power, morale and is getting a new cooldown on the skills, so that it maybe not able to use it at the right time.
another example: share the power
why sharing power, if there is no reason to? it doesn't takes effect.

in the tooltip you can see many listed times: the time it needs for cooldown, activation time, duration, dot, hot, and last but not least the time that's not listed: the time, the character needs to activate the skill after activation time.
another way is, to use the debuffs on the enemies. but i think, this one is not supported, although it would be the better way.

if one of this ways can be used by an addon, it would be great to read about it.

sorry for that bad english.

hope to hear from you.

so far
Riggie
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:31 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggie1000
i don't know, if there's any addon, that can deactivate skills by using countdown.

ie the loremasters debuff improved sign of power: command
when this debuff is on the enemy, there is no reason to activate it again. in this case, it is only harmful to your character by losing power, morale and is getting a new cooldown on the skills, so that it maybe not able to use it at the right time.
another example: share the power
why sharing power, if there is no reason to? it doesn't takes effect.

in the tooltip you can see many listed times: the time it needs for cooldown, activation time, duration, dot, hot, and last but not least the time that's not listed: the time, the character needs to activate the skill after activation time.
another way is, to use the debuffs on the enemies. but i think, this one is not supported, although it would be the better way.

if one of this ways can be used by an addon, it would be great to read about it.

sorry for that bad english.

hope to hear from you.

so far
Riggie
Plugins can not disable/deactivate skills.
Unread 05-21-2013, 03:14 AM
The Undefeated

or make something like laying down a new cover on skills, that don't take effect at the moment, so that you can click on it. the gamer should only be informed about it by seeing something else on watching the skills.
perhaps something like out of range...

Last edited by Riggie1000 : 05-21-2013 at 03:17 AM.
Unread 01-04-2015, 07:10 PM
The Wary

Better character and target unit frames

By better i simply mean the ability to have the buffs/debuffs above the hp/power and move up as added instead of down. Or, to eliminate the buffs/debuffs display completely, as I use Buffbars for that. It also would be nice to not have the big bulb with the portraits; they are completely unnecessary.

All I want is hp and power bars for me and target that I can move closer to the bottom of the screen and not have the buffs display going on top of my hotkeys. I like a central bottom hud with all combat related things bottom center and the default just doesn't cut it.

My only option right now is to resize them down as tiny as possible but I want the bars the size they are now.

/sigh

P.S. I tried VitalBars by faflaf, but it seems to be broken. I can't believe after all these years nobody has done this?

Last edited by Ordegar : 01-06-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Unread 01-10-2015, 12:26 AM
The Undying

First:
Holy mother of thread necromancy you digged out a thread from 2 years ago. Wrong thread by any chance?

Second:
Nobody did this simply because it cannot be achieved with what Turbine allows the plugins to do.
Unread 01-12-2015, 04:47 PM
The Wary

This thread is stickied; and it's called "Interface Wishes" in the "Interface Requests" section. Why would it be the wrong thread?

Anyhow, what part of my request is not doable? I'm not a UI coder or I would have just attempted it myself, so I don't know what the limitations are.

Why can't you just make a player vitals window and not display the buffs/debuffs and hide the original? Likewise with the target?
Unread 01-14-2015, 05:31 AM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordegar
Why can't you just make a player vitals window and not display the buffs/debuffs and hide the original? Likewise with the target?
It's possible.

For crude example you can check plugin Vitals ( http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...etvisuals.html ).
Load plugin. Select your character, click on the lock icon (panel will only show character's morale and power). Open plugin's menu, add new window (second panel will show target's morale and power).

Plugin doesn't include ability to hide default elements, but it can be achieved with a little code.
Unread 01-16-2015, 09:52 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordegar
This thread is stickied; and it's called "Interface Wishes" in the "Interface Requests" section. Why would it be the wrong thread?
Sorry, my fault, did not know the thread was stickied - opened it up from the front page.

Second, I was 100% sure you cannot hide the default frames. Apparently there is. But you cannot provide a 100% replacement. There is still (and I am sure about that) absolutely no way to access the targets buffs and debuffs so a replacement for the target will not be able to display those.

TL;DR: Your wish can be fulfilled for the player frame, but not the target frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DToX
It's possible.

For crude example you can check plugin Vitals ( http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...etvisuals.html ).
Load plugin. Select your character, click on the lock icon (panel will only show character's morale and power). Open plugin's menu, add new window (second panel will show target's morale and power).

Plugin doesn't include ability to hide default elements, but it can be achieved with a little code.
Seems I have to check how the hiding is done as I was 100% sure it can not be achieved. My argument still stands as a replacement for the default target frame cannot be done without giving up display of target buffs/debuffs completely.

Last edited by Hyoss : 01-16-2015 at 10:01 AM.