lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 04-09-2007, 11:21 AM
The Wary

I want better icons & range indicators. The itty bitty little red icon in the upper right corner is hard for me to see, especially against reddish icons. I'd like to grey out the whole selection if I'm out of range.

I'd also like better cooldown indicators - I'd rather have numbers counting down the time like CT_Mod of OmniCC do in WoW.

Second the request for custom map notes.

I would -love- an all in one inventory like Baggins. Also something like Sanity to track items across all the characters.

Also second the request for a Fubar clone.

(I know this game isn't WoW, I just use that as an example since it has such slick modding abilities and talented mod creators.)
Unread 04-09-2007, 11:21 AM
The Wary

Social Filter Options

I would love to see some more filter options in the social panel that also carried over to kinships.
-- Like EQII - Online, Online in past 24 hours, Online in past 3 days, etc.
-- Maybe for kinships - Officers Filter
These may not make sense for smaller kinships, but once you have over 20 people with 5 alts each, there ya go.

Someone had mentioned notes before on friends/kinship members. How about expanding that idea. There should be two fields: one private for kinship officers, and one for all to keeps notes in on all players. I've always used the notes field for things like "Killed uber-mob X and he gave me my sweet staff", "May be a farmer", or "Ninja-Griefer, reported 1/1/89" .

Lastly, now that all of us have some significant experience in MMORPGS. How about an ALT/MAIN section of the interface. I think WoW had Recipebook for comparing recipes, notes, items? More than that, just a quick interface to check skills, levels, equipment, recipes. When on the auction house, it can be so annoying to have to either write down all you alts equipment or relog to the other char. to see if you can remember the stats on his codpiece.

My 2 cents.
Unread 04-09-2007, 11:36 PM
The Wary

some things I would like to see

hello,

I haven't read through all of the posts here so if I'm repeating, please forgive me.

here are a few things that would make game play a tad easier.
1. being able to tab through the auction house input boxes.
2. allow for more flexible / commands. such as "/inv" instead of having to type out "/invite" to invite to a fellowship.
3. a / command to logout of the current character and quit the game "/logout" and "/quit".
4. / command to add someone to your friends list "/friend <name>".
5. the ability to attach more than one item at a time when mailing.
Unread 04-10-2007, 12:54 PM
The Wary

Perhaps I missed something in the options, but I'd kill for a better way to display and time buffs or debuffs.
Unread 04-11-2007, 11:46 AM
The Wary

I agree! A buff timer would really be lovely! There are so many short term buffs and debuffs that would be fabulous.
Unread 05-25-2007, 11:21 PM
The Wary

Exclamation Polls for these suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairenn
Just a bunch of thoughts I've had so far with how the interface stands at the moment:
It be great to have all those suggestions as official forum polls, so people could vote on what they want... might help sway the powers that be.

The things I'd like to see added to the list are;
  • Copy settings between characters.
  • Buff/Heal buttons next to fellowship portraits, ala Benecast and Caster. (See Below )
  • Optional timestamp for all chat windows/channels.
  • In mail, have Friends/Kinship list as a drop-down list on "To:" field.
  • Set font size for all channels at once.

Here's an example of how Benecast looks. That bar of buttons to the right of each character is what Benecast provides...

The big advantage is that you don't need to change targets to heal/buff someone in your fellowship.

That Multi Assist was also very cool

Last edited by Kord : 05-26-2007 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Removed auto-loot request, since it's in the game.
Unread 06-02-2007, 01:57 AM
The Wary

Im Browsing this site from in Game in the Help menu

I was able to link my way from the FAQ menu under Help . Has anyone considred making a Web Broswer interface for ingame browsing of Kinship Sites and Help Boards ? Im able to check my Gmail from inside LOTRO help menu but with the lack of a URL field it makes it a little difficult as i had to link hop my way around. By the way i found this feature cause Turbin was kind enoph to link there MySpace page from the FAQ menu, once i got to a search engine outside Turbin it was easy surfin... am i the only one excited about this ?

Last edited by morggin : 06-02-2007 at 02:29 AM. Reason: insert item
Unread 06-02-2007, 03:50 AM
The Undying

Thats very cool. I knew they have been working on website stuff, like a player database and such, but to be able to actually surf inside the game is awesome. Lets hope they embrace this, and don't nerf it.
Unread 06-02-2007, 11:16 AM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

and with the evendim update we may be able to resize that window!
Unread 11-15-2007, 01:59 PM
The Wary

Mail

I would like a mail mod/interface like the one in CTmod for WoW, I really miss being able to mass mail my other toons.