lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 06-23-2013, 11:17 AM
The Wary

Audio Output switch

I didn't find anything here about that topic. Maybe it's because English is not my native and I tried the wrong search words.

Normally I play while the loudspeakers on the table are active but sometimes I want to have the game sound on my headset (via Logitech keyboard = USB sound card). So I have to switch the audio output in-game every time in the settings menü (ctrl+o).

Is there any way to do this with a keyboard shortcut or a LUA plugin?

Maybe there is some kind of a fake sound driver or filter which can be used by global shortcut to switch the real sound card/driver?
Unread 06-23-2013, 02:34 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Lua has no access to sound and there are no hot keys in game for altering sound settngs so any solution would have to be outside the game, most likely from your audio control panel or a physical switch - I use a switch to swap between external speakers/mic and headphones (both the speakers and the headphones plug into the switch which is then plugged into the computer). A switch won't work in your case since your speakers plug into the sound card and your headphones are USB - you'd have to change to headphones that can plug into a switch.