lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 05-12-2010, 10:42 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You should be able to right click on your vitals. If you insist on selecting yourself, you can do that by pressing the "\" key (default on US layout).
Unread 05-12-2010, 11:20 AM
The Wary

yes i know . but you have to right click the picture to get up the menu for leave etc . and since the pic is gone , you cannot get the meny .

after i dissable the 3d picture under the advanced grafiks options itīs working again.

//maka
Unread 05-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Tools and UI Engineer

Poof! And here I am.

Is the 3D portrait scaled in the viewport (i.e. the options panel scaling of the portrait) ?

I can envision a skin not reacting well to the sub-items being scaled. A floating point error could creep into the calculation and progressively make the portrait larger and larger (or smaller and smaller).

Does this happen in large increments or does it slowly happen over time? What method do you use to fix the problem once it has occurred?

-P
Unread 05-18-2010, 06:48 PM
The Undying

yay ze savior is here. I almost thought you were a goner, Frosty ^^

I can give you some theorized answers as I haven't suffered the bug myself but I have heard a lot about it.

My guess is that it would happen with the skins that modify ID_UISkin_AvatarPanel and ID_UISkin_OpponentPanel elements. Even if the 3d portraits would be left on default values, I think it's enough if the tags are there unmodified. But I'm not sure about this because I know some other skins have this issue as well and I can't recall if they have the above tags in their code.

I am 100% sure thought that this will happen even if the sub items aren't scaled as I don't think there isn't another skin here that have scaled the 3d portraits. Happens with my main skin too and in that I haven't scaled the portrait .. but the code is there in the skindefinition.xml - with default values.

What I have heard it happens when you zone from one area to another ie when you have a loading screen shown (can be like zoning Bree > Prancing Pony).

Logging out and back in resets the portrait to it's original size.

The above is only what I have learned from the people. Maybe someone who is suffering about this will hopefully reply and clarify it to you.

And as I said somewhere already.. this isn't a new thing. I have heard about it for years now but lately there has been a lot more reports about it.

Last edited by daimon : 05-18-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Unread 05-24-2010, 01:55 PM
The Undying

Hi Frosty,

My sub ran out so I can't really test now, so from my memories I don't think I scaled the vitals.

Also from my experience the vitals never increase but always decrease in size. I have to agree it seems related to loading/zoning.

I think the size would decrease then after the first one it will continue decreasing incrementally by, I would say, the same %. This once in a while until we log off and so the UI resets.

I checked my layout and here the entires that might be related:
Code:
    <Option Name="AvatarVitalsUIScale" Value="1.001493"/>
    <Option Name="OpponentVitalUIScale" Value="1.001493"/>

<Layout ID="0x22000033">
      <Element Height="0.171598" ID="AvatarPanel" Width="0.167668" X="0.465445" Y="0.752959"/>
      <Element Height="0.171598" ID="OpponentPanel" Width="0.170072" X="0.363882" Y="0.752959"/>
If you want to test out on your side I play with my Yessh UI in 1680*1050.

I would be glad to provide you my complete ui.layout file if you need it. Just PM me with an email address.

P.S. Nice to see you around and please feel free to bug the right people so we can have a hotkey mouse look toggle
Unread 06-12-2010, 12:38 AM
The Wary

Hi
I downloaded this, too. On all my chars it works like a charm^^
but only on one char the portrait rise ... i dont get it smaller ... only by zooming the health bar in and out ... but i dont get it on the right size...
But like i said only at one char... i tested it at 6 chars and 1 monstergame char