lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 11-06-2011, 08:33 AM
The Undefeated

Can I rename a plugin's load command name?

This may sound odd, but is it possible to rename the name you load from the chat window? Say I want to type "/plugins load quick" to load a long-named plugin; would it be possible to somehow rename some command/file so that "quick" will load a specific plugin I want it to be?

(Let me know if that doesn't make sense?)
Unread 11-06-2011, 09:44 AM
The Undefeated

Hmm, why don`t you use the Lotro /alias feature to solve your problem? Just take a look at the in game help.
Unread 11-06-2011, 09:49 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

There are a number of possible options.

You could change the name required by editting the plugin itself.If you go into the .plugin file included with the plugin, and change the <Name> field should do the trick.

You could also use something like the Manager plugin that will let you load any plugin you want automatically. You could then assign the manager to a quickslot using '/shortcut 1 /plugins load manager'. This will put the shortcut in your very first shortcut slot.

You could also just use the same shortcut to assign your single plugin to a quickslot.

There are also aliases, maybe someone who knows more about aliases will let you know how that will work.
Unread 11-06-2011, 02:12 PM
The Wary

using alias

This is a way to use alias:
/alias ;man /plugins load manager

After that I enter the game and just type
;man

This loads the plugin manager, which automatically loads all plugins I set it to load.
I used ;man short for manager, you could set it as anything you want, just remember that alias begin with semi colon ";"
So lets say you just want to do it with one long named plugin. Instead of writing this every time you log on:
/plugins load really long name plugin
You type this once:
/alias ;quick /plugins load really long name plugin
you can now just type ";quick" in the chat box and it will load that really long name plugin.
Hope it helps
Unread 11-06-2011, 03:58 PM
The Undefeated

Thanks all for the input. I had the plugin loader, but I found that I tended to crash WAY more often with it. (Maybe it's a placebo, but since I only use two, and I don't always want both loaded, I gave it up.)

I was completely unaware of the alias feature. I will give that one a whirl.

The main problem is that I use the "mousecursorha" plugin, and I typically realise it's not loaded when I'm in combat. I've tried to change every filename and instance of "mousecursorha" in its files, with no success. I'll try the alias option though.