lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 05-14-2012, 01:49 AM
The Wary

Question Any threat-control plugins?

Just wonder if there is any plugins that can show u how much threat u have gained, and how much u team members gained.

If there is, it will help a lot for dpser to control their threat compared to tank's

Thank u very much

Last edited by dayangbian : 05-14-2012 at 02:00 AM.
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:38 AM
The Wary

i may be wrong but i believe any plugin like that has been blocked by turbine because that would provide an advantage over the game. i would love one too (on my warden) but i use the option that shows your targets target so i know when its focus changes to something else or to me.
Unread 05-14-2012, 08:10 AM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayangbian
Just wonder if there is any plugins that can show u how much threat u have gained, and how much u team members gained.

If there is, it will help a lot for dpser to control their threat compared to tank's

Thank u very much
So that their no api functions this is nealy impossible. I think the only way will
be to calculate they dmg point per treat point and than calculate the actual threat from this. But to the see the threat from all player in the party or raid you need the functionality that plugins from other to cummunicate with each other. This is the same way as omen (a wow addon) done this before
Blizzard revamped the theit threat system and gaved addon Lua Api functions
for this ( this was pre patch 3.x).
Unread 05-14-2012, 09:44 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaodan
But to the see the threat from all player in the party or raid you need the functionality that plugins from other to cummunicate with each other.
You can estimate this by assuming that 1) no one else is using threat skills, and that 2) no DPSer is doing more than x% of the damage done to the mob. Then the maximum amount of threat generated on a given mob by anyone else is total damage done to the mob * x%.

You can't currently get the amount of damage done to a mob, but for a single target, you don't need it - have the player enter the total amount of morale on the target, estimate the total amount of threat generated on the target, divide by x%. This gives you maximum possible damage that can have been done to the mob that still leaves you with the aggro. Divide this by the total amount of morale, and throw up a bar directly over the target vitals.

Then to check how you're doing, you just see if the "threat" bar is longer than the amount of morale missing from the target. If it is, you're good. If it isn't, you may be falling behind on threat.

It's fairly crude, but I expect in a lot of cases it'd work decently.
Unread 05-16-2012, 08:59 PM
The Wary

Turbine has stated that there isn't nor will there ever be access to the threat table. Although it would be rather handy (we had it while I played RoM), I personally like the challenge of not having one.

You could do the math as the poster above suggests, or you can simply remove the guesswork & lay back. Go light (the area between auto-attack & heavy-ish hitting skills) until the mob's morale is down 8-10%. By that time your tank will be well established in the threat table & simply needs to pro-actively maintain it (which is a hell of a lot easier to do than initially fight other raid members for it). At that point, it's safe to come out with your big guns.

You like your skills rotation. If you're smart, it's based off of your damage/healing & power management. A tank is no different. Let the mob(s) force a break of the tank's cycle, not other players.

Simple rule of thumb: Just because you have certain skill buttons active, that doesn't necessarily mean the smart thing to do is use them.