lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 08-05-2009, 11:44 PM
The Wary

Which SkinDefinition.xml is the latest?

I've been having a hard time figuring out what SkinDefinition.xml is the latest.

There's one included in the Moria Book 7 UI Skin Art.

But the Moria Book 8 UI Skin Art does not contain an updated file of elements.

Frosty's latest thread seems to be located here but the links there aren't working for me.

Mainly I'm trying to figure out if the fellowship frames are reskinnable in the same way that the player frame is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Unread 08-06-2009, 04:24 AM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

For the fellowship pannel :

- The PanelFile ID (for xml) is ID_UISkin_FellowMiniTemplate
- The Mapping ArtAssetIDs are player_vitals_backdrop_mini and player_vitals_backdrop_mini_level

That's all, no way to change the class icons or other little things.

I use the book 8 files and if I don't find what I want, I look in the book 7 files that still works

Edit : still looking after the PanelFileID of "selection's target", if anyone found it ...

Last edited by Grimgroth : 08-06-2009 at 04:33 AM.
Unread 08-06-2009, 12:21 PM
The Wary

Grim - thanks a ton! I didn't think that the fellowship Asset would be labeled with 'player'. And I'm totally with you on wanting the selection's target. Hopefully someone can help us out on that.

Also when you say you use the book 8 files, do you have a mapping file that contains all the Elements? In the Moria Book 8 Skin Art download, the SkinDefinition.xml only contains the Asset information, no Element info. I'm not sure where to find a file for the book 8 Elements.

Thanks again, I'm going to start tinkering with the fellowship layout right now!

Edit:
Any clue what the ArtAssetIDs like fellowship_burglar_20 do? Also is there a list of definitions somewhere? I mean I have the full lists of assets and elements, but if I'm asking definition questions that are answered elsewhere, I'd be happy to go read up instead of taking up peoples' time.

Thanks!

Last edited by nothingpants : 08-06-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Unread 08-06-2009, 01:38 PM
The Wary

Well I think I found the "selection's target" frame asset: target_vitals_backdrop_mini

It seems like there's some kind of background or overlay asset that we don't have access to though, because if you make that asset completely transparent it looks like there's some kind of partially transparent shading under the health bars.

And I think the assets like fellowship_burglar_20 are mini icons used to represent a player's class in your target frame when you select a player.

Still looking for a list of element and asset definitions if one exists. Thanks!
Unread 08-06-2009, 03:44 PM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

There is no manual for the elements or assets, you have to try

target_vitals_backdrop_mini is for the selection's target, but I need the element because without moving parts I can't get it small enough to align it on top of the screen.

I think fellowship_burglar_20 and such are the mini icons used in the raid-style fellowship display.