lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 01-23-2011, 12:49 PM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Unhappy Just a small whine.

So, I posted a new interface the other day and I really like it. I think it's lovely. I've been skinning for a long time and I know that my work is not to everyone's taste. I tend to like a lot of color and eye candy. All my skills are self-taught and can be a little rough sometimes. OK, I accept that. But somebody rated my skin a 1 the first day. Maybe it's a bit much for some people but I don't think it's terrible!
The thing that really toasts my buns about it is that another interface that was uploaded received a glowing comment and all he did was make all the graphics invisible. I worked on mine for 2 weeks, tweaking backgrounds and vitals and other elements. Aren't there already 50 skins with invisible graphics?
I feel so unloved. wah.
Unread 01-23-2011, 01:32 PM
The Undying

Some people are mean. If you're going to rate a skin with only one star, at least have the decency to let the author know why. That's my take on it anyways.

Would I use your skin, no as to I'm not into eye candy. But on the other hand I will not rate a file at one just because I would not use it. I think it's a fine skin and as such gave it a rating for you.
Unread 01-23-2011, 01:39 PM
The Undying

Aye, I totally agree with Uth.
Your skin looks nice even when it's not my taste. Personally I'm more into the graphics of my own UI, hence I'm using and updating that one.

And also rewarded your work with the appropriate rating.

Ray

Ps. looks to me as if you used deedlog tabs of Jappme. If so, I'd recommend to put a note of thanks in your description. If not, discard this last note
Unread 01-23-2011, 01:57 PM
The Undying

It takes time to get ratings up. Rating files isn't the most popular option on this site as you can see on the main page.. years old skins have only around 40 votes total.

Your skin looks good and I like the setup as I'm a strong supporter of those large mainbars where you can stuff all your buttons etc to keep the rest UI clean ^^

What I think why someone rated your skin 1 is that he/she probably couldn't get it to work. I'd suggest to add a few things to your skin's guide.
Unread 01-23-2011, 02:05 PM
The Indomitable

Smile

That's a good point, Daimon. I know it won't display properly when it's first loaded. It will need a re-log.

I did use the deed tabs from Jappme. At the bottom of the description is my list of credits to people who I borrowed bits from.

Thanks for the replies. I was looking for a little validation that I'm not deluding myself.

I used to make stylexp skins and a couple of them were pretty eye intensive. I know I can get kinda out-there.