lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > XML modification help (L)

Unread 09-20-2015, 07:03 PM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

A small issue...

Ok so I am using the updated version of daimon UI and am in the process of recoloring it and one this I am running into is even though all the panels are functional some of them have the problem in the picture. If you can't see the picture for some reason the corners are gray with white grid lines on them. I didn't code this and it is like this in every version of this UI I have and I was wondering if anyone knows whats wrong and how to fix it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot00050.jpg
Views:	1447
Size:	392.0 KB
ID:	328  
Unread 09-20-2015, 09:47 PM
The Undying

That image (the white grid with the gray background) is what you will see if the game cannot find the image it is looking for. It means that somewhere in your SkinDefinition.xml file, it refers to a .tga file that doesn't exist (or is in the wrong directory).
Unread 09-20-2015, 11:02 PM
The Undefeated

Talking OK...

So that means I need to try and find the code for the corners of the wallet and make corresponding images.... -_- oh boy. They should be named something "wallet" right?

EDIT: I FIXED IT! I managed to find the .tga file names in the .xml file and I found out that in the rohan update those four files were supposed to be in a file by themselves. So I changed the file location to match the directory path in the .xml file and with a little photo-editing it now looks smooth as melted butter. Thanks for the help. http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...nfo.php?id=933 This is the UI I was working on. Its a total Daimon recolor. I also fixed a bunch of stuff that got missed originally or when it was updated. Anyway I thought you might like to see the finished product.

Last edited by Emie937 : 09-21-2015 at 03:10 AM.
Unread 09-21-2015, 11:05 AM
The Undying

Thumbs up

Nice job!
Unread 09-21-2015, 06:25 PM
The Undefeated

Talking A matter of updating...

So, I was wondering if you could tell me how to update a pre-exsisting UI. If I knew which codes I needed to change in the .xml file to update a UI without totally reconstructing the code I would be one very happy camper!
Unread 09-22-2015, 04:00 PM
The Undying

I don't think there are any good tutorials. Nor does Turbine provide any documentation. The only way to figure out the correspondence between the <Mapping>s and the <Element>s is by trial and error. And when you do figure it all out, it's a very tedious process to actually edit a skin, because every time you change the SkinDefinition.xml file, you have to quit and restart the game before you can see the results.

Someone made a LOTRO Skin Editor several years ago, but I think it's severely out-of-date.

Maybe Adra has some tips for how to make the process tolerable, but from what I know I wouldn't recommend it to any but the most patient people.