Book 11: Defenders of Eriador Release Notes Now Available!
The full release notes for Book 11: Defenders of Eriador are now available on our Lorebook! Click here
to see the changes we've made to the game! Book 11 is currently scheduled to go live on Wednesday, October 24!
Release Notes Book 11
From LOTRO Lorebook
Welcome to the latest free update for The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar™
! Below are the update notes for Book 11: Defenders of Eriador. For more information on Book 11 features including player housing, Lore-master and Minstrel updates, Goblin-town, and more, don't miss our Book 11 overview!
- The UI team has been working hard to provide further improvements to scalable UI as well as additional tooltip UI enhancements!
- Fixed alerts which were hanging outside of their drag box (in ctrl-\ mode).
- The global UI scale buttons now behave more intuitively.
- Backgrounds on some icons have been fixed.
- The UI will now stay in the position in which you left it between sessions.
- Undocked toolbars once again show all their slots.
- Alerts now disappear when you click on them. Always.
- Frame rate display! Press CTRL-F to see your current frame rate. Use ctrl-\ and drag the display around.
- Your UI will no longer move around by itself when you re-size your window or switch between full-screen and windowed mode.
- UI elements will be more properly placed for new players.
- Changing the "Raid Vital Class Color Location" option to Name or None no longer results in an all white background for member vitals.
- The character-generation UI now has a 'Movie Library' option. This can show all possible movies, or only those that are unlocked. Movies are unlocked whenever any character on that account views a new movie. Existing player accounts will be updated with unlocked movies (based upon previously completed quests) upon logging in.
- You can now try on items that are linked through chat in the Dressing Room. Ctrl-left-click on an item description in chat window.
- Added an option to enable or disable adoption requests. This option is enabled by default.
- UI tree controls (such as the skills panel or the titles panel) should no longer expand (or collapse) the first category when clicking on the "empty space" within the tree control UI.
- The mouse scroll wheel now works correctly in the reputation page of your character journal.
- The Analyze Skill panel is now movable and had a small makeover.
- Skill names in trainers now fit two full lines; no more chopping off the second line.
- When parsing ABC music files, rests no longer report "Line 0, column 0" in error messages.
- Traits and characteristics no longer say "On Use" in their examination tooltips
- Certain skills that have the effect of transferring vital points from a target to the caster will now display the effect statistics when mousing over them. Some examples would include warband maneuvers.
- Map notes are now better about honoring your current filter setting.
- The area name under the radar would sometimes vanish after teleporting. This has been fixed.
- The location name under the radar updates correctly now when moving between the various halls within Thorin's Hall.
- You can no longer access the filter or map menu from the world and territory maps.
Deed Log/Quest Journal
- Deleting chat windows should no longer cause the game to crash.
- Teleporting will no longer remove keyboard focus from the chat window.
- The "Race & Social" deed log page in session play is now labeled, "Session."
- Deeds can now be added to the quest tracker. On the Deed Log, there is now a button to manually add or remove a deed from the quest tracker; and from the Main Menu, under Options, choose UI Settings, and in the Panels section there is now an option to automatically add deeds to the quest tracker. (YAY!!!)
- Selecting a filter in the quest journal will remove any empty categories.
- If you are in a fellowship, we now show the quests that are shared among other members of your fellowship in your quest journal. An icon will appear for each person that has the quest and if you mouse over the icon you will see the name of the player. If you see 5 icons, that means everyone in your fellowship has that quest underway.
- A new quest journal filter has been added called "Shared." When selected, this will show only quests that are shared with other members of your fellowship.
- The time-left counter in the quest tracker is now wider to stop wrapping text.
- The crafting panel now remembers its location between log-ins.
- Fixed a bug where the "Hide When Crafting" option in the Crafting Panel would not always work correctly.
- In the crafting UI panel: The category color for recipes will now reset when all recipes in that category are uncraftable.
- Crafting recipe items will now truncate and show a tooltip if they get too long.
- You should no longer see players who just logged off in the Kinship UI if you are looking at only online players.
- Players will no longer see kinship recruitment requests from players on their ignore list.
- Increased response time for Kinship UI when toggling online/offline option.
See the full patch notes here
Known Issues for Book 11: Defenders of Eriador
- Using the key binds, "Select Next Tracked" and "Select Previous Tracked" will occasionally crash your client to desktop.
- You can lose your fellowship mapnotes if:
- you are in a fellowship and in combat
- you lose connection
- you die after losing connection and are auto-rezed
- you reconnect and re-enter the fellowship.
- Upon gaining reputation with a new faction, you recieve an alert, but you can't see it because it is transparent. It can still be clicked on or moused over to see the tooltip.
Read the full listing of known issues here